• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe away - Saturday 14th October

tonykellowfan

Thanks Legohead.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I tend to park in one of the industrial units along the road that leads to Adams Park. One of the ones on the right going in which makes it easier to get out. Always seems so far away when I go back to the car - start to worry that I might have forgotten where i parked!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The closest option but not necessarily the best is the grassy hill opposite the ground which they charge for. Not sure how much but probably around 4 or 5 quid. Getting out after the game isn't a total nightmare but you'll be stuck in the traffic to get out for up to half an hour i'd say.

There are some business units further along the industrial estate main road leading up to Adams Park which you can park for a charge and from memory there are a few spots here and there where you can just stick your car for free but you'd have to be early and pay attention to any parking restrictions to ensure you don't get stung with a ticket or worse still, clamped.

Failing that there is street parking in the village nearest the industrial estate but it's a hefty old walk indeed.

Anyone else with any other advice that i may have missed?
Thought the last bloke to park on the grassy hill was Lee Harvey Oswald.

tonykellowfan

LHO was in the bookstore!

The second shooter (real or imagined) was on the grassy knoll.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love a conspiracy me.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Failing that there is street parking in the village nearest the industrial estate but it's a hefty old walk indeed.

Anyone else with any other advice that i may have missed?
We parked on the housing estate next to the industrial estate the ground's on without too much trouble. Probably a 20 minute walk although all up hill on the way back.

Grecian2K

From an email I've just received from GWR I fear anybody hoping to get back home by TRAIN this weekend is going to be well and truly "Argyle'd' - apparently "emergency" works in the Reading area means no fast trains at all will be running for the whole weekend

(Although, given the extremely long-term nature of the electrification project how a mere FOUR day's notice, and use of the emergency "figleaf", could ever justifiable is a more than reasonable question, given that said "emergency" is just for overhead wire testing - especially for those of us stuck with advance tickets on pre-booked tickets on trains that have suddenly and summarily just disappeared.)

Just speaking for myself, being already in hock, not just for the train tickets but for overnight hotel and concert tickets for Friday night my "consequential losses" far exceed the cost of just the journey. The only thing they can suggest in the email is that I can use my ticket on MONDAY 16th....fair enough I suppose - as long as they are prepared to provide at their expense full accommodation for Sat and Sunday nights - as if????????

If I can work out how, I'll paste a link to the email sent to me by GWR - the message doesn't appear to be on their main website yet.

In the meantime, if any other Exewebbers (especially any with rail experience ;) ) have any ideas I'm sure they will be welcome.

Sorry to be the bearer of worrysome news but, ho hum.

G2k :(

Grecian2K

Boyo

Journey planner on thetrainline.com suggest the following:

17:58 High Wycombe
Chiltern Railways
18:39 Oxford

18:53 Oxford
Great Western Railway
19:20 Swindon (Wilts)

19:36 Swindon (Wilts)
Great Western Railway
20:20 Westbury (Wilts)

20:27 Westbury (Wilts)
Great Western Railway
21:35 Exeter St David's

Back into God's own city by 9.30pm doesn't seem to bad!

elginCity

A further £1.00 saving if you order for collection (50p card charge)
All uncollected orders get taken to away ground's box office by Grecian Travel.
Thanks, Jazzi.