• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reid and Stockley probably should have shared at least 3 goals between themselves last night.

I don't know ?......

I think Jayden and Reuben hit it off quite nicely.....

https://youtu.be/ujbsAGUPyVc

Last edited:

Avening Posse

I would play one of them along with McAllinden, with the other on the bench. Not too interested in the fact we paid x for Stockley, if he's not as good as Reid then he stays on the bench for me. Agree with Malcs in terms of Tis expecting to lose Reid in the not too distant

IndoMike

I would play one of them along with McAllinden, with the other on the bench. Not too interested in the fact we paid x for Stockley, if he's not as good as Reid then he stays on the bench for me. Agree with Malcs in terms of Tis expecting to lose Reid in the not too distant
Why do you think Reid might leave?

Avening Posse

Why do you think Reid might leave?
Nothing concrete Mike, I just think it was odd we got Brunt and Stockley who are both similar to him. Great to have depth but 3 that are pretty similar seems a lot, so speculate that maybe Reid will want to move on in Jan or next summer if he score a shedload for us and someone makes a decent offer, and maybe Tis has this in mind ?

IndoMike

Could be, AP. Not to mention Simpson ;). This is a new challenge for Tis. I'm sure we can make a very good team from the resources we have, but who should be in that team? There's also the problem of keeping people happy. He must decide on his best XI and stick to it unless a player needs a rest or is injured. You would hope that the combined football brains of Perryman, Oakley and Tisdale can sort this out, because I am confident we have the squad to succeed.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

oh yes !, I had completely forgot about Simpson !. I have been away since Feb so have not been able to attend any games since then, so hard for me to gauge who is doing well and who isn't by just TV clips (I gave up on the Ifollow thing as I just cannot stay awake and in a couple of months the kick offs will be moving to 2am).

As for who should be in the team, for me (if nobody is injured) I would go as follows
Pym
Sweeney Brown JMT Woodman
Taylor Boateng Moxey Holmes
Reid McAllinden

I have heard from plenty of people that James has really upped his game, but I cannot wipe out from my brain the awful performances I witnessed when still in the UK so perhaps I am being too hard on him. I personally think Moxey with his experience in the upper echelons would do well in midfield and with his natural defensive brain may well suit being next to Boateng who likes to get forward (or so I am told). I would always have Harley on the bench ready to come on if we need him, and would probably alternate Stockley and Reid.

This ignores the loanees and plenty of others but you cannot play everybody !!. If the loanees are given chances and are top drawer then I guess that would change things significantly for me.

Great situation for Tis as long as he can keep them all happy !

IndoMike

oh yes !, I had completely forgot about Simpson !. I have been away since Feb so have not been able to attend any games since then, so hard for me to gauge who is doing well and who isn't by just TV clips (I gave up on the Ifollow thing as I just cannot stay awake and in a couple of months the kick offs will be moving to 2am).

As for who should be in the team, for me (if nobody is injured) I would go as follows
Pym
Sweeney Brown JMT Woodman
Taylor Boateng Moxey Holmes
Reid McAllinden

I have heard from plenty of people that James has really upped his game, but I cannot wipe out from my brain the awful performances I witnessed when still in the UK so perhaps I am being too hard on him. I personally think Moxey with his experience in the upper echelons would do well in midfield and with his natural defensive brain may well suit being next to Boateng who likes to get forward (or so I am told). I would always have Harley on the bench ready to come on if we need him, and would probably alternate Stockley and Reid.

This ignores the loanees and plenty of others but you cannot play everybody !!. If the loanees are given chances and are top drawer then I guess that would change things significantly for me.

Great situation for Tis as long as he can keep them all happy !
Yep. Same time zone problem in Jakarta.
Although Woodman has not done anything wrong I would put Moxey at left back for his experience under pressure. I just don't see him as a midfielder. I'm not sure that Tilson or James are good enough, so I'd like Taylor and Boateng in midfield. I agree that we should continue with Reid and McAlinden as first choice attackers. I'm not convinced about Sweeney as right back and would like the young WBA lad Wilson to be given a chance (maybe Sweeney or Croll to replace JMT if he's out long term/ God forbid). For the wide men, the choice is Holmes, Edwards or Sparkes. I'm not a fan of Harley unless he is used as an attacking midfielder only. We all like to play football manager and that would be my team: quite an attacking team rather than Tis' cautious approach which has often put us on the back foot.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All sportsmen and women have fair sized egos and quite simply would not be where they are without them.

Reid is still a young man and prior to Stockley’s arrival was king of the proverbial castle.

Stockley has arrived as our biggest ever signing and again is only a young man. Somehow Tisdale has to find a way that these two can play together because despite Reid’s goal scoring achievements there is no way that ECFC can afford to pay £100k for a benchwarmer.

My worry is that the dilemma created by this action has not been properly thought through by Tisdale. He needs to find the answer soon as if not he will find himself with two individuals, neither of whom are happy, which will obviously have a negative impact on team spirit.

LDNGrecian

I don't know ?......

I think Jayden and Reuben hit it off quite nicely.....

https://youtu.be/ujbsAGUPyVc

(facepalm)