Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 119

Thread: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

  1. #101
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    3,086

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    PeteUSA ....Reid was in Plan A, and not as substitute.
    That's how he scored his 7 goals.
    Okay Mike, forget that bit. I dont think Reid should be in the starting lineup if its to the detriment of Stockleys input, which I believe it is. The pair just cant seem to sort themselves out, dispute presumably being told what position to be in. If they are to both continue starting, Tisdale should surely tell them to stay well away from each other. Reid's a right winger by trade. Shove him out there. Thats where he used to play for one of his earlier teams


    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    WIKIPEDIA
    Reid signed on loan for Walsall on 19 August 2010 until January 2011. Manager Chris Hutchings described Reid as "a young, hungry player with a proven track record [who] can play out wide or through the middle."[20] He scored his first goal for Walsall on his debut against Plymouth Argyle on 21 August 2010, scoring the winning goal in the 70th minute of the 2Ė1 victory. Reid said he was grateful to Walsall for giving him the chance to play regularly.[21]
    Missed the bit from Wiki where it says he is a right winger ? Just says he can paly out wide or through the middle.

  2. #102
    richard_portland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.
    Posts
    12,258

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    I don't know if Pete is referring to last season when there was a spell when Reid was coming off the bench and scoring, and when he started he often seemed to only last until the mid point of the second half and then get taken off.

  3. #103
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    3,086

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    I don't know if Pete is referring to last season when there was a spell when Reid was coming off the bench and scoring, and when he started he often seemed to only last until the mid point of the second half and then get taken off.
    From my post or post #97 where our "bulky" goal scorer should "be doing more for what he gets paid" for this year ?

    Maybe Reuben is trying to be more like the "Beast" put on some weight hang around the goal and put a few in the back of the net without having to run around for a living ! Lineker made a career out of hanging around the goal's.

  4. #104

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,703

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    PeteUSA ....Reid was in Plan A, and not as substitute.
    That's how he scored his 7 goals.
    Okay Mike, forget that bit. I dont think Reid should be in the starting lineup if its to the detriment of Stockleys input, which I believe it is. The pair just cant seem to sort themselves out, dispute presumably being told what position to be in. If they are to both continue starting, Tisdale should surely tell them to stay well away from each other. Reid's a right winger by trade. Shove him out there. Thats where he used to play for one of his earlier teams




    Missed the bit from Wiki where it says he is a right winger ? Just says he can paly out wide or through the middle.
    If you're gonna quote other people's posts, please do it correctly, so that it doesn't seem that you're putting words into someone's mouth. I didn't say that Reid should play as a winger and don't think he should, I only stated there was evidence that he could play on the wing according to Hutchings, in support of someone else's posts.

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Without a doubt, I read somewhere in the past week or 10 days that Reids original favoured position was on the right wing. It was an article where he was doing the talking (the E&E maybe?), because I remember thinking to myself: interesting!

    Its a fact, but I dont know where to find it. It wasnt something from a Wiki entry either.

  6. #106

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Not quite such a conundrum now because they are no longer playing together but there is a huge question to be answered. How does a striker like Reuben go from starting the season so well, as indeed so did the rest of the team, scoring for fun suddenly go from hero to zero?

    Hindsight is wonderful thing and the upside of the influx of new signings in September has been to give Tisdale decent cover for injuries and I think most City supporters were pleased and saw the Clubís action as a sign that there was some ambition to go for automatic promotion.

    However on the downside prior to their arrival the players were performing brilliantly both as individuals and as a team (so much so during the early season run it was near impossible to select a MOM) playing with smiles on their faces and the team spirit was palpable. Ok there was no real competition for their places but I cannot help wondering whether in fact if it was because the players felt secure that they were playing so well as a team......any thoughts?

  7. #107
    CREDYGRECIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP
    Posts
    32,439

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Is Reid injured ? As noticed he didn't make the bench yesterday....

    Stockley is Better in the air , but I'd suggest Reid is better on the ground.

  8. #108
    grecIAN Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the drivers seat..........
    Posts
    18,485

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Is Reid injured ? As noticed he didn't make the bench yesterday....

    Stockley is Better in the air , but I'd suggest Reid is better on the ground.
    Yes. He's been missing for the games post Christmas.

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Willand, Nr Exeter
    Posts
    736

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Not quite such a conundrum now because they are no longer playing together but there is a huge question to be answered. How does a striker like Reuben go from starting the season so well, as indeed so did the rest of the team, scoring for fun suddenly go from hero to zero?

    Hindsight is wonderful thing and the upside of the influx of new signings in September has been to give Tisdale decent cover for injuries and I think most City supporters were pleased and saw the Club’s action as a sign that there was some ambition to go for automatic promotion.

    However on the downside prior to their arrival the players were performing brilliantly both as individuals and as a team (so much so during the early season run it was near impossible to select a MOM) playing with smiles on their faces and the team spirit was palpable. Ok there was no real competition for their places but I cannot help wondering whether in fact if it was because the players felt secure that they were playing so well as a team......any thoughts?
    Totally convinced and said in previous posts. I also wonder if money has something to do with it as well!

  10. #110

    Re: The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Is Reid injured ? As noticed he didn't make the bench yesterday....
    He took quite a whack in time added on at Yeovil he was limping quite badly at the final whistle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •