Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Notts County Official MDT.

Re: Exeter City v Notts County Official MDT.

I agree about substitutions DM , Tisdale seems stuck in a time warp with this sixty minute thing , too inflexible.And after Coventry why didn't Boateng get a start to try to infuse something different into a tired midfield?
    As I said earlier , he's paid out a lot for Stockley who won't make a decent partnership with Reid , at the expense of Mc the provider.He's in a spot , who out of the big boys can he leave out now?
    I'll say it again too , when are we going to see Moxey's experience for a full game or is the tinkerer just going to introduce him for late in the game shock tactics?
    Last edited by Banksy; 27 September 2017 at 07:26.

Speaking of a decent partnership with Reid, It's beginning to look like too much is being asked of him regarding game-time. I was the first to want Reid on at the start, rather than keeping him on the bench to come on and try to save a game. But IMHO he's beginning to flag and look sluggish. I dont know why he's allowed to play with the obvious excess weight, but I think its about time Tisdale told him to get in shape, because he's clearly not. At times v Notts Co he looked like Clinton Morrison on a bad day. And whats with him hanging around near the opposing goalkeeper until he belts the ball up the pitch? Theres nothing to be gained by staying there, other than for the umpteenth time pointing out to the linesman that the keepers handled the ball outside the box (which to be fair, he did on more than one occasion). Reid needs to go on a fitness regime, unless part of his deal is that he doesnt train! Who knows?

I also thought Reid looked overweight when i saw him for the first time this season at Cov and alongside the reasonably immobile Stockley it doesn't look like it's a match made in footballing heaven even at this early stage. McAlinden is an alternative option that Tis needs to consider but i'm sure in the back of his mind he knows he's just spent a load of dosh on Stockers and i'm sure will try to fit Jayden into the side as much as possible.
    Last edited by Legohead; 27 September 2017 at 09:10.

No need to be to down about last night despite Christmas and birthday coming both at the same time for Jorge Grant as we should have been 2-1 up at the break and looked the better side until that shambolic defending gave County their second Boateng must start Saturday!

Personally I didn't rate Notts County that highly, I thought they were slow and ponderous with too many wayward passes for a table topping team, and will be found out (like ourselves) shortly. That said we were worse. I didn't think we had any shape about us, the defence could so easily have been ripped apart with a far worse scoreline than 3-0 had NC had speedy wingers/forwards.

Regrettably I think TAH has had his day he's got the turning circle of a juggernaut and last night neither of the Troy's appeared to have any understanding of what the other was doing. Like NC too many wayward passes from defence and midfield to runners who weren't there.

Jayden Stockley really needs to contact David Wheeler to find out how he seemed to float so long after he jumped for the ball, too often last night Stockley had jumped too soon and was on the way down before the ball got to him either from kick offs or crossing and on a couple of occassions this could have bought us a goal - he really does need to parctice his heading and jumping, but that's the (alleged) 400k difference I suppose.

The midfield also had a nightmare, as mentioned too many passes going astray Lee Holmes not weaving his magic.

The match although billed as top of the table did not live up to expectations which was a shame bearing in mind the good sized crowd for a midweek match.Oh well live and learn and we move on matches like last night emphasised why we are a fourth division side with players to match
    Last edited by grecian-near-hell; 27 September 2017 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Free pasties!

For Notts County fans. Well done the Club.
    Notts County paid for them..Great gesture to their travelling fans.

A very disappointing game for the 2nd game in a row.

I hope JMT is not out for too long,looked a bit fragile without him last night.

Tisdale showed a lack of confidence in makeing changes to overcome there obvious physicality when he should have been making them worry about us more, I noticed in the program our 2 forwards alone have outstanding stats eg: RR top goal scorer top shots on target ect LMC top assists top creative input ect, why can't we play to our strengths, instead he went total route one with almost every goal and back four kick out straight at Stockley who again was totally infective, although he did " throw" himself at every ball had little control thereafterRR looked really frustrated.
    Last edited by Slogger; 27 September 2017 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Notts County paid for them..Great gesture to their travelling fans.

A very disappointing game for the 2nd game in a row.

I hope JMT is not out for too long,looked a bit fragile without him last night.
    Bloke in front of me in the BBank last night said JMT has ligament damage in his knee and it don't look good ,he said he spoke to Jordans brother yesterday and it was confirmed that it was a bad one ,whether it is correct i do not know as i just put on here what the bloke told me .

Quote Originally Posted by grecian55 View Post
    Bloke in front of me in the BBank last night said JMT has ligament damage in his knee and it don't look good ,he said he spoke to Jordans brother yesterday and it was confirmed that it was a bad one ,whether it is correct i do not know as i just put on here what the bloke told me .
    Worrying if correct.

I wonder when Croll will be back, he'd have been a better option than TAH who still makes me think of "Bambi on Ice" as a defender and was not working well with Troy Brown, he is much better going forward from defence a la David Luiz.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    Beaten by a better side,who looked on it from the moment the game started,we huffed and puffed,Reid and Shockley don't gel,and TAH is certainly no replacement for JMT.Holmes tried but failed and Lloyd James,well he was great at forest green and awful tonight.The only bright spark was Edwards who has certainly got pace,and fair play to county they didn't start any of the Wycombe tactics when leading,but then again we were so poor,they didn't have to.The next couple of games will see what character we have so it's on we go
    I can't go along with the James comment. I've been a big critic of him however performances recently have been much improved and despite one or two misplaced passes last night ( less than many others and not hoofing it anywhere) he was the one on the ball ,running into space to receive and trying to bring some pattern to our play.
    The 3 defensive errors , the constant up and unders and the failure of our front men to make inroads into their defence ,and when we did chances were missed, were the cause of last night's defeat. Pym had no noticeable saves to make and this loss was our own making.