Thread: JMT and Brown

JMT and Brown

...just so important to us that this pair both play. Hope JMT is OK

here's the stats from last season

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team...amTabs=results

With both starting its W15 D8 L6

If not its W8 D3 L14

So if they're together we win twice as often as we lose, automatic promotion form. If not , we lose twice as often as we win, potential relegation form.

In the first eight games they were back together after injury last season from Nov onwards we conceded the grand total of one goal

This pattern repeated this season, a great league start coincides with both of them playing.

Re: JMT and Brown

Interesting stuff Andrew, good insight.

We've got the squad now, if he is injured I would put sweeney at centreback (his normal position of old) and stick the loanee at right back (cannot recall which one plays there but one of them does), job done until JMT recovers ?

TAH was on the bench yesterday. He could have come on as the replacement for JMT.

What was the point of him being a sub ?
    To cover an injury at centre back I presume.

If Tis and the others have patiently rehabilitated the bloke so he can perform a useful squad member role, why not put him on when needed ?

Anybody explain ?
    Last edited by Billy The Fish; 24 September 2017 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    TAH was on the bench yesterday. He could have come on as the replacement for JMT.

Anybody explain ?
    Well I'm guessing that the type of attributes that TAH has were not judged to be suited to playing against Coventry. Otherwise I've no idea. I was at a party in Barcelona yesterday and only stealing glances at the play, but I would suggest that we didn't lose because of JMT's absence. The defending was generally good, it looked more like we didn't get hold of the game in midfield, and it may actually have been the absence of Tillson in midfield that had more to do with our lack of coherence. I can't for the life of me work out why Stockley and Reid played this one together, did they start together? We needed an extra man further back not up front.

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    I was at a party in Barcelona yesterday and only stealing glances at the play, but I would suggest that we didn't lose because of JMT's absence.
    Maybe not, but I do think losing him was a big contributory factor. His captainship (especially his ability to galvanise the team when under pressure) is a big miss. I think we may possibly have got a point if had't had to go off.

Stockley came on at half time for JMT.

If TAH was considered unsuitable for this game they should have left him at home. Can't be that.

I love a mystery me.
    Last edited by Billy The Fish; 24 September 2017 at 12:12.

To cover an injury at centre back I presume.

If Tis and the others have patiently rehabilitated the bloke so he can perform a useful squad member role, why not put him on when needed ?

Anybody explain ?
    Agree entirely, and your question is totally justified. If fit TAH was the obvious replacement for JMT. Moving Tilson thus required making 2 changes, not one. Might as well have a cardboard cut-out. Not the player's fault though
    Last edited by IndoMike; 24 September 2017 at 12:21.

If TAH was considered unsuitable for this game they should have left him at home.
    Thought the same, why bring him ? Whenever we lose Brown or JMT the team appears to lose shape and confidence. As with Blackpool, we were holding our own until Troy went off injured, and the reshuffle didn't work, why try it again.

Although rarely threatening ourselves we were containing them, and a like-for-like replacement might have yielded a late winner which is not unknown for us. Mystery indeed.