Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

As I said I don't know how much income is needed to cover costs, but I don't see any need to be sensitive over the subject. Personally living an hour from Exeter I probably wouldn't attend these sort of games regardless of price, but I just think it's a bit high. Hope plenty will decide to turn up and support it however. Plus it's not aimed specifically at the club, I think a lot of prices in football these days are too high for various levels and competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Sometimes I despair. It's an easy call, isn't it? If you think it's too much, or not worth the money, then don't support it.

I sit on the club's gates committee that sets the pricing and I can assure you there's always a lot of soul searching about where to pitch it to keep it reasonable, yet still cover the costs.

The club received no financial support for this competition, yet there are three lengthy away trips that somehow have to be financed. The alternative is not to enter it at all....cue all the calls of "why haven't we entered this year".

Trust me, nobody is being fleeced and the club may still be out of pocket, even with these prices.
    As far as I can see nobody said anyone was being fleeced. Heaven forbid that football supporters should express an opinion on the cost of watching football. From now on I'll shut up and not question anything the club does.

Sometimes I despair. It's an easy call, isn't it? If you think it's too much, or not worth the money, then don't support it.

I sit on the club's gates committee that sets the pricing and I can assure you there's always a lot of soul searching about where to pitch it to keep it reasonable, yet still cover the costs.

The club received no financial support for this competition, yet there are three lengthy away trips that somehow have to be financed. The alternative is not to enter it at all....cue all the calls of "why haven't we entered this year".

Trust me, nobody is being fleeced and the club may still be out of pocket, even with these prices.
    Odd post.

From my point of view the prices are too high, for the FA Cup game and this set of matches.

The fact that the club are happy to exploit the fans when a big game such as Liverpool comes along (wasn't it 38 for a seat?) but don't seem willing to 'take a hit' for the less glamourous games strikes me as greed. Obviously the club can't just throw money away but the upcoming games are simply reserve matches and the next one at SJP being a Sunday match against a part time team from the 8th or 9th tier. The prices should reflect as much (appreciate there's been reductions in price but for me it isn't enough).

I'm sure a lot goes into the decisions on the gates committee and the setting of prices but they aren't immune to criticism and from my standpoint from the outside the prices are steep.
    Last edited by Grecian O'Grecian; 27 October 2017 at 19:26.

What's odd about it?
    It explains some of the reasoning behind the pricing structure (for those worrying about the 's, Liverpool was 37, not 38)
    Trips to Sunderland, Hull and Brighton have to be financed - are there overnights in these? Your equation also has to factor in the number of glamorous ties vs the not so glamorous ones. By my count it's close to two years from the former! Also worth pointing out that it's a learning curve for all - the more that come this year and the more the Club think that they can reasonably rely on to come next time around, the lower they might price when it comes another time - maybe!

Oh to be under 18 = only 3 per game. That's less than a pint in FECRACE

Interestingly you are correct with take it or leaving it idea. As I did for the Liverpool game last season, I will be giving it a miss!

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Interestingly you are correct with take it or leaving it idea. As I did for the Liverpool game last season, I will be giving it a miss!
    Just out of interest then (and for context say which bracket, Adult / Senior/ U18) you come into. What ticket price would have changed your mind for these?
    Price for another Liverpool.
    Price for an individual U23 PL Cup this year
    Price per match for all three PL Cup matches this year

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Just out of interest then (and for context say which bracket, Adult / Senior/ U18) you come into. What ticket price would have changed your mind for these?
    Price for another Liverpool.
    Price for an individual U23 PL Cup this year
    Price per match for all three PL Cup matches this year
    Here we go again. Any comment that questions anything connected with City and the toethepartyliners/club spokesmen often Russel, .but this time surprisingly Pete Martin, jump down the poster's throat. The guy only said he thought the tickets were a bit expensive. Doesn't the club appreciate feedback from the fans? Jeez, so defensive are these club spokesmen. This is a website for the fans - the club has its own website- and the fans can express any opinion they like.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 28 October 2017 at 03:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Oh to be under 18 = only 3 per game. That's less than a pint in FECRACE
    But if you were under 18 you wouldn't be served....

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Here we go again. Any comment that questions anything connected with City and the toethepartyliners/club spokesmen often Russel, .but this time surprisingly Pete Martin, jump down the poster's throat. The guy only said he thought the tickets were a bit expensive. Doesn't the club appreciate feedback from the fans? Jeez, so defensive are these club spokesmen. This is a website for the fans - the club has its own website- and the fans can express any opinion they like.
    I appreciated Pete's post. Made sense as to why it's been set at this. I hope to go to these games and I'm sure they will be well attended. I'm assuming that only the stand will be open?