Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

  1. #71
    denzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Travel Tavern
    Posts
    6,508

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Is this likely to go ahead? Just given the amount of rain we've had this week and particularly today? Just thinking about ruining the pitch.

  2. #72

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 and a half miles from Exeter
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    Is this likely to go ahead? Just given the amount of rain we've had this week and particularly today? Just thinking about ruining the pitch.
    No chance IMO

  3. #73
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,631

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Prices have been reduced for Sunday's game. 5 for adults and 2 for U18s.

  4. #74
    richard_portland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.
    Posts
    12,257

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    I guess it's partly because they were arranged back in September, but with all the moaning from Tisdale about our pitch and winter football it seems strange for us to be playing this 24 hours after another home match with a further one due only a week after.

    Not sure how much income we get from these games, could we not have played it at the cat and fiddle , Sunderland don't play there games at stadium of light.

  5. #75
    denzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Travel Tavern
    Posts
    6,508

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    I guess it's partly because they were arranged back in September, but with all the moaning from Tisdale about our pitch and winter football it seems strange for us to be playing this 24 hours after another home match with a further one due only a week after.

    Not sure how much income we get from these games, could we not have played it at the cat and fiddle , Sunderland don't play there games at stadium of light.
    I think we assumed we would get more than 200 turning up. Given the amount of moaning about this being a tenner, it will be interesting to see how many turn up now it's a fiver..

  6. #76
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,631

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    I think we assumed we would get more than 200 turning up. Given the amount of moaning about this being a tenner, it will be interesting to see how many turn up now it's a fiver..
    This will be my first U23 game this season. Looking forward to it.

  7. #77
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,631

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Hull play Brighton tomorrow night and must win to keep a chance of ptogressing.

  8. #78
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,631

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Matt Taylor hoping for a bumper crowd on Sunday https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...re-sunderland/

  9. #79
    Pete Martin (CTID)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    9,818

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    I guess it's partly because they were arranged back in September, but with all the moaning from Tisdale about our pitch and winter football it seems strange for us to be playing this 24 hours after another home match with a further one due only a week after.

    Not sure how much income we get from these games, could we not have played it at the cat and fiddle , Sunderland don't play there games at stadium of light.
    I really wonder whether Sunday's game will happen. Rain is forecast all day tomorrow and, with a league game kicking off just 23 hours before the U23 game, I do wonder if the pitch will hold up. Forecast dry from 10pm Saturday through Sunday though, so we will see. It's a long way for them to come for a postponed game.

  10. #80
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,631

    Re: Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Hull play Brighton tomorrow night and must win to keep a chance of progressing.
    20 minutes in and still 0-0.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •