• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

IFollow

tallone

Any expat out there with iFollow having problems??
I'm using an android box, and it keeps asking me to update my account. This is when first logging on, and also during the game itself. It also often comes up with "unmet parameters".
Both instances require a reinstall to enter username and password causing missing part of the match... twice meaning not seeing a city goal go in as it happened.
The live picture quality isn't the best either, not even ** standard. Though it's better when watching a full replay. I also don't have the aforementioned problems when watching that.. just minimal freezes for a few seconds.
I have contacted iFollow and am hoping they will install additional servers, as I think that is where the problem may lie.
It doesn't help that the games take place whilst a full league programme is on.... meaning a lot are streaming illegal premiership matches, thereby using up local bandwidth.
FYI... i live in Penang Malaysia, and in the past have had no problems streaming premiership games, which would indicate the problem is not at my end.

CWH-NYC_

Picture quality in the USA is pretty decent and I have had minimal freezes. I use both apple phone and an Imac in the house. Only issue I continue to have is that it claims I am logged in on more than one computer which surprises me as I always close out the browsers. it is a bit annoying as the message blocks out the picture. I will be in the Far East soon so will report back how that turns out.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the US with windows 10, I generally prefer to use Google Chrome as my main browser on a laptop, except for Ifollow. I dont think Microsoft Edge is as user friendly as all that; not for me anyway. Google Chrome is great for everything else, but DOESNT handle Ifollow very well. It stops, pauses, and all that irritating stuff. I tried Edge as the browser, and the results are excellent by comparison. I have no idea why. So its Edge for me for Ifollow.

As far as combining the picture with the commentary, its total bad news IMHO. The commentary is several seconds behind the picture, so much so that I just watch the picture and have the sound that comes with that.

Re: Using more than one computer per household; I think the IP address only permits one user per household, unless of course you use a proxy.

Last edited:

tallone

Thank you both USA posters..
Any one in the Far East using it?? Indo Mike??
Any android users??

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Tallone. To be honest I could see that so many posters were having problems with the UK match provider in the past that I just didn't want to be subject to the possible weekly frustrations and disappointments of using ifollow. At the moment I'm relying on the MDT which is dying a bit of a death and Devon Alive for updates. I can get Radio Devon until a couple of minutes before kick off and then it announces that the service is not provided to non-UK countries. I might try ifollow in the future, though

Last edited:

Copernicus

I have found that the best picture quality is with (sadly) iPad, but it will not work through Apple TV, I did try it and had digital, 4 channel, surround sound, of the crowd, but no picture.....which was fantastic until they started telling the ref to FO (rofl) She who must be obeyed was not impressed.

So I am going to buy an iPad to HDMI cable and try that.

It could really do with some commentary and for the sound to be aligned properly with the action!

Well-known Exeweb poster
isnt there already a thread for i follow, for easy reference to problems, it would be good to have everything on one thread.