• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goings on down the A38....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argyle's Trust are objecting to James Brent's Higher Home Park planning application! See HERE.

Doug3101

They wholeheartedly supported a property developer coming in and taking over your club when it was on its knees. Think the words "head" and "crocodiles mouth" leap to mind.

dontpassback

Brenty decided to bolt on his food outlets and ice rink planning coupled with the grandstand makeover all in one swoop.despite newells best efforts on ****poti,a lot of the fans aren't having it,and very soon they will have to start paying interest on the loan from director Simon hallett,and Brent hasn't even laid a brick yet.A lot of the wiser fans are pointing out the oldway mansion fiasco,and the fact that the food outlets will compete with argyle said in house set up.Brent thinks competition is good,but then he would say that because it is for the benefit of his pension,and not for the benefit of argyle.that is basically the bones of it,and to make it even more interesting ,Highways England have objected to the lack of a traffic plan for the manadon junction and want a survey done.the fan base is not happy and think Brentbis trying to pull a fast one.(oh and their poor form is down to Brent having long pockets as well)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
And there was me thinking I was having a bad day !

Wont be long before the hogmiester is trying to find some snippet of bad info on this Tony Cannan guy.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brent fundamentally wants to make money for himself, unfortunately for the garg fans that goal is not aligned with their interests.

They are proper ****ed.

dontpassback

And there was me thinking I was having a bad day !

Wont be long before the hogmiester is trying to find some snippet of bad info on this Tony Cannan guy.
He is certainly fighting a rearguard action on pasoti,and argyle ATD makes for a good read as well,I don't think this will end well for the hogmeister!

Spoonz Red E

Interestingly, when he was sold to the fans as a 'reluctant' saviour no-one referred to him as a property developer. It was always 'the hotelier' James Brent.

Grecian2K

All together now...
BRENT owns their football club
BRENT owns their football club etc etc

There's some terribly sore fore locks on Pascaring tonight. :D

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Risky plan, he's only interested in Argyle so that he can develop stuff, if they stop that then there's no point him hanging around and he'll certainly have little to no interest in the club. The grandstand also won't get built unless the rink and outlets get built. From what I understand the whole purpose of the rink development is a requirement of Plymouth Council which will enable him to demolish the Pavilions and build whatever he's planning there (think it's offices). That's where the scheme is profitable, building the stand is just something he had to tag into the deal.

andrew p long

Good news for Argyle over the weekend though. The consolation goal they scored in a 3-1 home defeat narrowed the goals scored gap on Reuben Reid.

Goals so far this season - Reuben Reid 7 Plymouth Argyle 6

Carry on in the same vein on Saturday ( score a consolation goal in a heavy defeat whilst Reuben doesn't make the score sheet) and they'll be level with him