• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sour Grapes of the Most Sour Variety or what?

Rog H K

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone was moaning on twitter about the day out at SJP..They do have a point about the dreadful facilities on that end.

If they had won 3-0 the day out would have seemed better..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
£20 is "pricey", a quick check on Crewe's website reveals the price for a seat in the main stand is...£22.

Oh.

Legohead

Banned
I think he has some valid points although some not the fault of ECFC currently. I went to Crewe about 6 years back with a friend of another team with a small following and the parking was a rip off in the car park behind the ground, the bogs were the same as ours (ie unfit for purpose) and they shoved us all into one block of seats and left the entire rest of the stand empty when there were people struggling to find a seat.

So stones and glass houses spring to mind.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Have they not been to Forest Green yet then? (The place where even the rain is eco-friendly).

Grecian2K

And if the Crewe Chronicle was a "proper" newspaper it would at least employ journalists at editor grade with at least basic grasp of the English language.

I mean (for example) what are "break lights"? - the illumination in the service station car parks that beckon the "tragically" delayed trippers through the few gaps in all those RED & WHITE cones that litter the motorway?

All in all, a rather poor show - almost as poor as his team's performance on Saturday. Perhaps being played off the park contributed to the writer's obvious disgruntlement?

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
To be fair, the writer does have good things to say about our team performance....

By the way is there a "a sign in the gents simply apologising for the sheer state of itself". Anyone got a piccie?.

ecfc2000

Good article. Nail on head. Dump of a ground, cracking team.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose it is easy to be fiercely critical when you come from a town as gorgeous as Crewe.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
A tad unfair not to acknowledge earlier in the article that the reason only two sides of the ground are open is because of a redevelopment. Other than that it's largely right, except it didn't quite get across how abject Crewe were. I think possibly they're only a player or two away from being a really good side, but on Saturday they were dog****, City real should have done better ;)