Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Sporting Memories' sessions

'Sporting Memories' sessions

These Sporting Memories session are run by Peter Ferlie from Exeter Community Trust with Dr Ali Haggett from Exeter University So far theyve have had two great sessions.

It runs every Wednesday in the Junior Grecians Centre from 09:30 and lasts for about 2 hours.

It's for 'senior's' and just encourages them to talk about their memories with 'sport' as the 'hook' to get them going.

They've already had some fantastic stories from people about both rugby and football. Apparently these sessions come highly recommended.

Re: 'Sporting Memories' sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    These Sporting Memories session are run by Peter Ferlie from Exeter Community Trust with Dr Ali Haggett from Exeter University So far theyve have had two great sessions.

It runs every Wednesday in the Junior Grecians Centre from 09:30 and lasts for about 2 hours.

It's for 'senior's' and just encourages them to talk about their memories with 'sport' as the 'hook' to get them going.

They've already had some fantastic stories from people about both rugby and football. Apparently these sessions come highly recommended.
    Thanks for the shout out Hants, we had ex ECFC Keeper Barrie Carless with us last week, and told us about the time he faced John Charles .
    Fantastic football history.

Barrie Carless? I dont recall him. Wasnt there a chiefs player called that?

Not only did Barrie play for Exeter & Devon at rugby, he captained both sides and was Exeter Rugby's first " proper " coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
    Thanks for the shout out Hants, we had ex ECFC Keeper Barrie Carless with us last week, and told us about the time he faced John Charles .
    Fantastic football history.
    I can't find him in City's A to Z.

I can't find him in City's A to Z.
    Nope. Mentioned in the recent dementia awareness initiative.

My mistake. He only trained with us, if you go to this link you will see him in the middle with Arnold Mitchell and David Henderson. http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/180

Quote Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
    My mistake. He only trained with us, if you go to this link you will see him in the middle with Arnold Mitchell and David Henderson. http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/180
    Wouldn't that be JOHN Henderson, the striker that was signed from Aberdeen ?

Old, vintage, unusual, ECFC enamel badges wanted for fledgling collection.

... It's for 'senior's' ...
    And men only. (I would whinge about that but it's a 'men's health' thing, apparently).
    Last edited by RaeUK; 20 September 2017 at 15:24.

John Henderson was signed from Charlton Athletic.