• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockleys goal

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought the third goal against Crewe yesterday was incorrectly attributed to Jayden.
In my humble opinion Jayden challenging for the ball definitely led to the goal as he unsighted their keeper, but believe he didn't touch it and in fact should be awarded to Jake Taylor who had an outstanding match.
I watched the goal on TV and stopped and paused the goal ran it in slow motion and am now even more convinced that the ball passes over Jayden's head directly into the goal, so I'd be interested in your opinion.

I know at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who scored as long as it's awarded to us and we win but I guess it's just a point I want to clear up.:)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those around me on the Big Bank yesterday credited it to Jayden Stockley's aftershave.

Grecian2K

It was deflected in by his aura of invincibility.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it still officially Stockley's goal?

geoffwp

I think exeweb should claim it.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake's goal all day long but it will most likely forever be officially credited to Stockley.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jake Taylor thinks it's his.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Taylor thinks it's his.
I agree no-one touched it. Just the faintest feather on the Keeper's glove, possibly, but we don't have a snickometer in football. More generally, IMO everyone focuses on goal scorers (and goalkeeping mistakes :D) too much. You win as a team and lose as a team. I doubt if Jake is that bothered, can't see fisticuffs at the C&F on Tuesday (which Stockley would presumably win...).

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair if stockley hadn't committed it would have been easily caught by the keeper.
Whether stockley got a solid touch or not, his presence earnt the goal.

Hants so do I, when I watch it on TV and watch Jayden, you can see the advertising hoarding behind the top of his head throughout the shot, and at no time is it obscured by the ball making contact with Jayden's head, think it should be Jakes goal with Jayden getting an assist for distracting the keeper and preventing him from making what otherwise a simple save.