• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet vs Exeter City matchday thread

ExeterCityLad

Can we keep our unbeaten run going? UTC

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's hope so, Barnet have been free-scoring of late, but I hear a couple of their strikers are doubtful and face late fitness tests. We are the team to beat though, and confidence should be sky high. I would be happy with a point and obviously ecstatic with 3 UTC

Banksy

Hoping for three points of course , but have a feeling this will be a score draw.Anyway , up the City!

jimbo-gould

Does anyone know why our kickoff is at 8 PM, rather than 7:45 like the rest of the league?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know why our kickoff is at 8 PM, rather than 7:45 like the rest of the league?
I think it's a Barnet thing - all their home midweeks kick off at 8 (Reading do the same). Works out well for me - if traffic is horrendous I could be struggling to comfortably make KO as the Missus is working until 6 so I can't set off until she gets back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
After a bit of a struggle I managed to buy a ticket and get it printed! See you there later. I don't expect this game to be as easy as last year.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/09/11/next-up-barnet-vs-exeter-city/

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
After a bit of a struggle I managed to buy a ticket and get it printed! See you there later. I don't expect this game to be as easy as last year.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/09/11/next-up-barnet-vs-exeter-city/
I'm just buying when I get to the ground, can't be done with all the faffing.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to this game more than any other since the start of the season. Any point we get from this game is a positive. The team selection tonight will be very interesting whatever it is. It's difficult to say any player deserves to be dropped, Tillson didn't have a great game on Saturday but he made one very key tackle/interception as the last man and he plays that role very well. Possibly Macca will be rested due to his knock but I really do think we'll miss him if so. The ability to get past someone on the wing or in the centre is the difference between creating enough chances and not doing so. but with two games this week you might imagine that changes will be made tonight, although our "scrap it out" formation will probably be maintained you would imagine for an away game at a stronger team.

8pm k.o. means I can watch some Champions League pre-match and at half time. Barca-Juve is on open TV here in Spain.

Avening Posse

Looking forward to this game more than any other since the start of the season. Any point we get from this game is a positive. The team selection tonight will be very interesting whatever it is. It's difficult to say any player deserves to be dropped, Tillson didn't have a great game on Saturday but he made one very key tackle/interception as the last man and he plays that role very well. Possibly Macca will be rested due to his knock but I really do think we'll miss him if so. The ability to get past someone on the wing or in the centre is the difference between creating enough chances and not doing so. but with two games this week you might imagine that changes will be made tonight, although our "scrap it out" formation will probably be maintained you would imagine for an away game at a stronger team.

8pm k.o. means I can watch some Champions League pre-match and at half time. Barca-Juve is on open TV here in Spain.
5am kick off for me which I much prefer to midnight :)

Likewise AP, although I prefer Midnight! Either way, it's better than when the clocks change!