• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Manager and Player of the month

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Paul Tisdale nominated for manager of the month, again. https://www.efl.com/news/2017/september/sky-bet-manager-of-the-month-league-two-nominations/

Thought Reuben Reid or one of our defenders might have been nominated for player of the the month, but that hasn't happened. https://www.efl.com/news/2017/september/sky-bet-player-of-the-month-league-two-august-nominations/

muppetdodger

If Tisdale doesn't win that I will be amazed. The interesting thing is if he can avoid the 'curse' afterwards!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many times has he been nominated and how many times has he won it? - None. Although everything points to Tis, it will go to the Newport manager Mike Flynn! And it will be a double for Newport with Nouble picking up the player of the month award!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this his 11th nomination?

Mr.Sparkle

How many times has he been nominated and how many times has he won it? - None. Although everything points to Tis, it will go to the Newport manager Mike Flynn! And it will be a double for Newport with Nouble picking up the player of the month award!
I think you might be right, 'the double' happens quite often. Tisdale IS the manager of the month despite what decision the so called experts make.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you might be right, 'the double' happens quite often. Tisdale IS the manager of the month despite what decision the so called experts make.
On his playing record 10 points out of a possible 12 he should be nailed on unless Newport did better than us in the Caraboa Cup (or whatever it is called) and the other Mickey Mouse competition?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember Peter Fox once winning Manager of the Month in August and it was all downhill from there.

Legohead

Banned
Nailed on. Top of the league, unbeaten, lost arguably two of the best players, signed nobody until last week more or less and just bloody well can't see any other option but for him to win it.

StroudGrecian

On his playing record 10 points out of a possible 12 he should be nailed on unless Newport did better than us in the Caraboa Cup (or whatever it is called) and the other Mickey Mouse competition?
They won at Southend but then got dicked by Leeds and lost to FGR in the Mickey Mouse.

Don Goodman is on the selection panel - I think he still owes us some sort of positive performance.

denzel

Nailed on to win it. I suspect he won't.