• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The guardian today

Well-known Exeweb poster
had a quick look but couldnt see anything mentioned on here so,, fill your boots

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2017/sep/04/paul-tisdale-exeter-newport-county

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's on p21 of the matchday thread 007, I'm surprised Moneypenny didn't alert you to this.

Positive spin

had a quick look but couldnt see anything mentioned on here so,, fill your boots

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2017/sep/04/paul-tisdale-exeter-newport-county
"Through the sale of Ollie Watkins to Brentford and David Wheeler to QPR, both strikers, and Ethan Ampadu, aged 16, to Chelsea and on the Wales bench later, Exeter have cleared all but £4m"

Interesting to note the figure of £4m mentioned in the article.

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Through the sale of Ollie Watkins to Brentford and David Wheeler to QPR, both strikers, and Ethan Ampadu, aged 16, to Chelsea and on the Wales bench later, Exeter have cleared all but £4m"

give or take sounds about right 1-9m for ollie, circa 600 for wheeler and a trib for amps probably 300g's,, which given whats been spent in this window on 'bundles' with far less potential is a F$$$$$$ cing joke.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
give or take sounds about right 1-9m for ollie, circa 600 for wheeler and a trib for amps probably 300g's,, which given whats been spent in this window on 'bundles' with far less potential is a F$$$$$$ cing joke.
Your English is usually questioned but this makes me wonder about your maths too. How's your geography?

Whilst we're here, where did you get £300k for Ampadu from?

IndoMike

Certainly hope we get more than 300K for Ampadu, but I guess we won't know for a long time (at least until the accounts for 2017 are published). Regarding Bondy's use of English, although I am usually old-fashioned and fastidious about using correct English, since Exeweb is informal, social chat I think we should give Bondy a break, remembering too that when Bondy went to school it was probably during that era when spelling and grammar were devalued and creativity was the buzzword.

LOG

Ah, yes, the gibberish era. I remember it fondly.

IndoMike

Ah, yes, the gibberish era. I remember it fondly.
Hehe.............

Antony Moxey

What's interesting is the painfully difficult to read English used in the article. The sentence above from the article is dreadful.

fred binneys head

******** has a lot to answer for, getting that muppet elected to the BOS.