• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract negotiations....

AlanDevlin

....appear to be well under way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41146686

Wembley last season ... top of the table now- excellent transfer earnings ( allegedly) - ought to be worth a two year rolling contract???

I'll get my hat......

Last edited:

ECFC89

Anything but a roller and I'll be fine

ECFC89

If we get ourselves In The same ridiculous situation we did last time that will annoy me. A roller meant we could NEVER afford to sack him. While that's some people's wet dream, things can change quickly and we don't want a repeat of all the bickering and protests we had last season.

flakey pasty

Fantastic manager and an important cog in developing the culture of a community owned club. For once in several generations, the club has a real sense of direction. Sign him up for the foreseeable future! Geddon Tis!

Legohead

Banned
Whatever the contract, it should be negotiated with the best interests of ECFC and not the best interests of Paul Tisdale. The club should never be in a position where they cannot afford to sack him as has been stated by ECFC89 although as has proved certainly last season and so far this, sacking a manager when things are going so obviously wrong isn't necessarily the way to progress.

Who'd have thought a trip to Wembley and the play off final was in the offing after a few months of last season?

I'm hoping that the fortunes of the club continue on an upward curve so there need be no discussion about contracts and sackings.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have said, as long as the club negotiates the contract to include a reasonable option to part company that won't cost the earth then I'm all for him being rewarded with a new deal.

He's managed to turn things around and as longs as we continue to progress on and off the pitch I'm happy for him to be in charge.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic manager and an important cog in developing the culture of a community owned club. For once in several generations, the club has a real sense of direction. Sign him up for the foreseeable future! Geddon Tis!
He really has done an amazing job and never caved in under the pressure last season with his long term aims, believing in what we had. He's been proved right so deserves a contract extension. I think everyone agrees now we're going in the right direction even if less than a year ago that wasn't the case. I totally agree with the decision to end the rolling contract and that may have played a small part in our revival, as the psychology of that is bound to have an effect and it appears not to have done any harm at all. Great to see him looking less pressured now and remaining completely realistic about what we have achieved and can in the future. We are blessed to have him in my opinion.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
^^^^^
Concur with that, well put.

IndoMike

A little bit of pressure is always a good thing, so the rolling contract was/ is never a good idea. IMO a 2-year contract added to the current one would be fair to both sides.

malcolms

He really has done an amazing job and never caved in under the pressure last season with his long term aims, believing in what we had. He's been proved right so deserves a contract extension. I think everyone agrees now we're going in the right direction even if less than a year ago that wasn't the case. I totally agree with the decision to end the rolling contract and that may have played a small part in our revival, as the psychology of that is bound to have an effect and it appears not to have done any harm at all. Great to see him looking less pressured now and remaining completely realistic about what we have achieved and can in the future. We are blessed to have him in my opinion.
I'm slightly confused. It says that the existing contract comes to an end in November 2018 which suggests that the notice on his rolling contract was served from 2016 which sounds about right. I'm not sure when we are less than 12 months into a notice period that the club feels it necessary to engage in negotiations to extend the current contract. Cynics might suggest it's a "rolling contract" under a different guise with the same result. The conditions of the previous contract weren't known and I doubt the conditions of the new offering will be any more transparent. I am as pleased as anyone that we are currently top of the league but perhaps a little more circumspection might be sensible before we rush to a decision.

Last edited: