• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ade Edmondson column

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be Curious as to how Mr Edmondson proceeds with his 'support' with all the changes that have happened?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Be Curious as to how Mr Edmondson proceeds with his 'support' with all the changes that have happened?
I'm sure he'll continue to support the club as he has done for a number of years now. And I'm not sure why you felt the need to put "support" in inverted commas. Having seen him in the away end at places like York and Luton, I don't think his support should be in question.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was using the term support in relation to his column as opposed to any physical attendance aspect

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure he'll continue to speak from the heart as he's always done.

I stood near him at a midweek away game at Brentford in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy a few years back - he's a proper fan.

Leads

I'm sure he'll continue to support the club as he has done for a number of years now. And I'm not sure why you felt the need to put "support" in inverted commas. Having seen him in the away end at places like York and Luton, I don't think his support should be in question.
Seems to be all the rage at the moment- Andy Holloway managed it four times in one short post earlier:

I think that you'll find that ECFC have a very good 'Transfer Policy' in place where, there is a set amount up front £Xk/m them % add-ons to cover appearances, etc. This is the same as most clubs and not just done on a 'whim', pluck a figure out the sky or the 'back of a fag packet'!

Also ALL transfers have to be sanctioned by The FA who act a 'middle men' for the fees and, surprisingly, don't take any % for their services. [Steps back in amazement!] This way appearances are officially recorded, staged payments paid on time and - hopefully - the James Dunne episode is a thing of the past.

Actually, maybe this should be on the "little things that annoy you thread".

Back on topic- Ade is clearly a big City fan. I'm sure he will get over the departure of Tisdale soon enough.

elginCity

I sat near Ade in the uncovered temporary away end at Gillingham the night that Gow scored a screamer during a heavy downpour.

The stewards asked if he'd prefer a VIP seat in the dry and he politely declined. Hardcore fan. :)

Red Bill

He's a proper fan, he was a fan before Tisdale and I'm sure he'll stay a fan now.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a proper fan, he was a fan before Tisdale and I'm sure he'll stay a fan now.
As indeed most of us are (y)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is all a bit silly as long term fans just don't stop supporting their team because of something they've got no control over.

They do him a great disservice by even considering such a thing.

malcolms

Bearing in mind his tirade (misinformed in part) on behalf of PT...I wonder if he has had cause to reflect on the legitimacy of his observations?