• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Racism last night

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wasn't there, but of this is true (it's on the Supporters Facebook page) then I would hope the Club will do something about this immediately. BTW The Red Legion was absent.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1944176179132057/

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I noticed mention of racism on twitter. Not good and I, too, hope the Club investigates. For those without facebook, here's what was posted ...
Well that was a **** night last night!! Not just the abject performance but also the attitude of some of the so called fans around myself and my son. Those ******* who see fit to chuck racist abuse at players and small missiles onto the pitch have no place in football. Yes it was an awful challenge on Croll and I hope it's nothing serious but still, no excuse for racism. Do they not realise that we have black players too? Are they too thick to realise that both Green and Croll are black? Pathetic the lot of them! The evening was made even worse when we returned to our car and were pounced upon by a group of teenaged so called fans in City shirts. Banging on our windows, climbing on our roof, rocking my car and then some big person wrapped in a duvet and carrying a baseball bat appeared so I just drove off complete with little **** on my roof. Then, and you couldn't make this up, we witnessed a woman being attacked!!! Needless to say this isn't a normal evening but wtf?
Pretty damned extraordinary.

Andy Holloway

I noticed mention of racism on twitter. Not good and I, too, hope the Club investigates. For those without facebook, here's what was posted ...

Pretty damned extraordinary.
The 'half wit' wrapped in the duvet was stood, with a group of other like minded numpties, at the top of Old Tiverton Road, by the rubbish bin - appropriately - at about 10pm last night. They were trying, not very successfully, to 'block' the pavement but, a couple walking just in front of me, who i just happened to overtake as we all walked past them, edged them out of the way, which i think 'persuaded' them to step aside by the sheer fact that we were 3 and appeared to them, not to be phased by their presence.

Was the person who posted that comment parked up along Prince of Wales Road/OTR/Victoria Rd area?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was the person who posted that comment parked up along Prince of Wales Road/OTR/Victoria Rd area?
I believe the chap was parked in Culverland Close (That's off Union Rd)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not good to read and begs the question what is the real price to be paid if the Club ever became successful playing at a higher level.

I used to go to away games but without appearing precious I no longer go because I am unable to relate to or accept the attitude and behaviour of some of our so called supporters.

Oldsmobile-88

The thread on fb seems a bit confusing..Alledged vile chants from the IP (I was sat in there I did not hear anything-though I have not got the best set if ear drums these day) that went on for nearly 5 mins !..Not saying that it did not happen,but the guy who nearly broke Crolls leg was hardly booed for the rest of the game..
Then there is a separate incident with a load of Chavs near to where his car was parked.Possibly not connected to the football club or the game..
There were quite a lot of stewards on duty last night & the old bill were around too..I can't believe that someone if they heard the racist stuff they would have complained. ( I would have & have in the past reported a yob for inappropriate language around youngsters-Nothing was done of course-The bloke looked too 'handy'

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

As well as this, there were also reports of people shouting "Wheeler is a ****" last night.

There were offensive/obscene chants directed at some women walking in front of the City fans at Whaddon Road on Saturday.

No need for any of it.

Legohead

Banned
Get these idiots found and banned ECFC or I may, like Sexton just sod going to matches altogether. We don't need to br putting up with this crap in 2017!!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As well as this, there were also reports of people shouting "Wheeler is a ****" last night.

There were offensive/obscene chants directed at some women walking in front of the City fans at Whaddon Road on Saturday.

No need for any of it.
I was also at the game last night and heard nothing, but I was towards the back of the stand.

However, on Saturday I encountered several clearly under 18 and clearly p***ed lads walking in front of me to the away turnstiles making obscene and unpleasant remarks to Cheltenham fans. As this was ignored with reasonably good humour by the Cheltenham supporters I did not intervene, though perhaps with hindsight I might have had a word.

Not that it would probably have made any difference. I remember only to well how great it felt to be a drunk 16 year old laughing at older people, and how little attention we paid to our "elders and betters", back in the 1960s.

"Oh, demon alcohol!"

But as Pete says, no need for any of it.

Legohead

Banned
We've all (well most of us) have got hammered at the footy and shouted banter at one time or another. That's part and parcel of being a fan but i at least had respect for others too. Any racist / sexist / obscene remarks and quite obviously in a civilised society these perpetrators should be identified, banned for life and prosecuted. There is a clear and definitive line between banter and being a deeply undesirable member of society that requires the appropriate action taken.