• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Named bricks at SJP

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure this thread will die quickly once I get the answer, but I've just walked round the park to look at the named bricks in the various walls along the Doble stand and I can find mine and my wife's but can't find the ones I did for my kids.

Have some bricks been moved and, if so, where to? I looked at all the various walls along the stand, approximately 20 times, and my kids' bricks definitely aren't there. They used to be, as we've looked at them before.

Puzzling.

PeteUSA

I hope you sort it out and they turn up somewhere fred.

Its a worthwhile thread to start, since recently I said I would like my name on a brick. It would have to go quite high though in order to deter people from desecrating it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is a by the turnstiles. Did you check that one. I don't have a pic to confirm location.

fred binneys head

I found about 7 different walls and they're not on any of them :(

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It would have to go quite high though in order to deter people from desecrating it!
You could ask the club to inlay your brick in the away end , next to the old urinal bit you were keen on keeping ?

I think some of the bricks have been moved to other locations Fred and possibly there is another wall yet to be built which may mean the other bricks haven't been put up yet UTC .

fred binneys head

Thanks ramone - be good to know what the plans are.

Legohead

Banned
Hope you manage to locate your bricks Fred.

Can you still 'buy' these bricks or have they stopped it now as I think I'd like one. Anyone know offhand? Thanks.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hope you manage to locate your bricks Fred.

Can you still 'buy' these bricks or have they stopped it now as I think I'd like one. Anyone know offhand? Thanks.
Havent seen any news from the club if they are going to re do the brick scheme at some point but maybe a good idea to have it done again.

With having a few grandkids now I could be in for buying 5 more.

Antony Moxey

The bricks were done as a one off when the stand was originally built. £20 I think, plus you got a certificate as well. When the club shop went in under the main stand a few years later, and, I think, due to fan demand, another run of bricks was done.

Seems like it would be a good idea to commission a third run given the latest ground developments, I would imagine there'd be a number of people interested who missed out on the first two runs plus of course existing brick holders who'd like to be involved again. I think the thing that won't work is keeping the scheme a permanent one whereby you could order one at any time as it would be difficult to see where you could put one off bricks.

I'd certainly be in favour of resurrecting the buy a brick scheme, especially if it runs around the (and sorry for this, but unfortunately it is) fast approaching Christmas period.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be up for another run as I have got a certificate but never seen the brick!