Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League 2 News

Re: League 2 News

Surely some sort of legal action could be taken against Stevenage and what are the FL doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    Surely some sort of legal action could be taken against Stevenage and what are the FL doing about it?
    The EFL have been informed and are investigating, as have/are Hertfordshire Police.

Quote Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
    The EFL have been informed and are investigating, as have/are Hertfordshire Police.
    I wonder why none of the stewards/security didn't realise this was the wrong thing to do. Do they not have pre-match briefings?

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    I wonder why none of the stewards/security didn't realise this was the wrong thing to do. Do they not have pre-match briefings?
    You don't need a pre match briefing to know that this is wrong - common decency tells you its wrong. If I was with my wife and she was asked to do this we would have gone straight to club reception and complained. Disgusting, but then again SBFC has always been a sh***le

If my wife was asked to display her underwear,there would certainly have been an "incident" I can guarantee that

Quote Originally Posted by muppetdodger View Post
    You don't need a pre match briefing to know that this is wrong - common decency tells you its wrong. If I was with my wife and she was asked to do this we would have gone straight to club reception and complained. Disgusting, but then again SBFC has always been a sh***le
    My point was that at least one of the stewards should have said it was wrong in the briefing.

If that Grimsby complaint letter is fully accurate that is a very sad state of affairs indeed. Stevenage need to take a good hard look at themselves. I understand why searches are needed at football matches sometimes, but there has to be limits. The battle is lost when football clubs take such a stringent line, and in my view sends out the completely incorrect message that all football fans (as opposed to a handful) are wrong doers. I'm quite surprised they think it generates a positive message for their club, and I suspect people in the Stevenage area who have never been and have kids asking if they can go for the first time, will think it a safe environment for their kids after reading about this
    Last edited by Avening Posse; 22 August 2017 at 01:06. Reason: predictive text

Tidy signing for Swindon by getting hold of Matt Taylor from Northampton on a free. He might be getting on now but he still seemed to have more than enough in him for Northampton last season.

Mansfield have got Kane Hemmings which is a great signing imo. Didn't do amazing at Oxford but still a quality player and expect him to do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    Mansfield have got Kane Hemmings which is a great signing imo. Didn't do amazing at Oxford but still a quality player and expect him to do very well.
    Is that 14 players they have signed this Summer now?