Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: League 2 News

Re: League 2 News

Anybody watching the Coventry – Notts County match?

Very wet conditions. The game and venue gives the impression it is a higher level which is possibly misleading although some good attacking play so far. The ref is having a bit of a job keeping the players emotions under control.

Watching the Coventry v Notts game confirms my opinion that all four teams are very much of a muchness with none of the teams looking particularly outstanding.

Having said that we do look the best footballing side but as blindingly obvious as it may sound, to beat Lincoln and win at Wembley we have to score goals and so far we have not been particularly prolific in that particular aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    we have to score goals and so far we have not been particularly prolific in that particular aspect of the game.
    Coventry, Lincoln and us all scored 64 goals in the regular season. Notts County scored 71.
    The last 10 games of the season we've outscored all the other three with 20 goals scored (third most goals in League 2 after Accrington & Wycombe).

One all late on, Coventry given a seemingly undeserved penalty. Defender appeared to win the ball, think the ref is going to be embarrassed when he sees it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    Coventry, Lincoln and us all scored 64 goals in the regular season. Notts County scored 71.
    The last 10 games of the season we've outscored all the other three with 20 goals scored (third most goals in League 2 after Accrington & Wycombe).
    Huh! You can prove anything with facts.

I thought Notts looked a scrappy side , but felt a bit sorry for them conceding that penalty through a very poor refereeing decision.Coventry for all their huff and puff seemed to be going nowhere but could now get it over two legs if only because of 26 goal McNulty.We would have to watch him.If we are fortunate to get past Lincoln I'd fancy us more against Notts but we shouldn't fear either side.
    Last edited by Banksy; 12 May 2018 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Watching the Coventry v Notts game confirms my opinion that all four teams are very much of a muchness with none of the teams looking particularly outstanding.

Having said that we do look the best footballing side but as blindingly obvious as it may sound, to beat Lincoln and win at Wembley we have to score goals and so far we have not been particularly prolific in that particular aspect of the game.
    dificult to judge either coventry or notts really 100 % cert the pitch did make that much difference but on the face of it yeah we're the best and all our mob are none scoring atm barring stockley of coarse,
    but we do a have harley who looks well up for it, but his edge did fade 2 day so prob not a full 90 in the 2nd leg however HE CAN finish,,, proven.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    One all late on, Coventry given a seemingly undeserved penalty. Defender appeared to win the ball, think the ref is going to be embarrassed when he sees it afterwards.
    Just seen it on SSN, what a howler by the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    What is happening there, Hants? i just see a digger. What was there before they started digging?
    Demolition has started in earnest (well Accrington actually) https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/sta...454016/video/1

This is what they'll be building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4LIqo_Rss