• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reserves 2017/18

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I notice that the fixtures for the U23s central League South have been announced but no Exeter City. Anyone know of we're running a reserve team?

The teams in that group are: MK Dons, Forest Green Rovers, Southend United, AFC Bournemouth, Cheltenham Town, Plymouth Argyle, Forest Green Rovers, Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know for certain but I think the last time we didn't have a proper reserve side we entered the u23 Premier League Cup instead so putting two and two together...

fred binneys head

I fancy forest green rovers to win that league - they've got twice the chance of everyone else.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An Exeter City team lost 4-1 to AFC Bournemouth at Canford Park this afternoon. I can't find any information on what team we put out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The U23s took on a Canadian side Calgary Foothills U23s. City lost 2-1. No team news though.

Oldsmobile-88

I notice that the fixtures for the U23s central League South have been announced but no Exeter City. Anyone know of we're running a reserve team?

The teams in that group are: MK Dons, Forest Green Rovers, Southend United, AFC Bournemouth, Cheltenham Town, Plymouth Argyle, Forest Green Rovers, Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon.
I wonder if we will enter that league next season...??

denzel

The U23s took on a Canadian side Calgary Foothills U23s. City lost 2-1. No team news though.
If you can work out any of them through this grainy footage I'll be surprised

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoothillsFCU23/status/978339015769206784/video/1

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An U23 side lost to an Oxford Development Team 3-1 this afternoon. This is all I can find on the game https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/april/exeter-report/

Colesman Ballz

An U23 side lost to an Oxford Development Team 3-1 this afternoon. This is all I can find on the game https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/april/exeter-report/
Proper "old school" team listing there by Oxford with no fewer than four members of the "Trialist" fraternity.

It seems that it's not just us that like to "keep things hidden up their sleeve! ! :S