Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Youth 2017/18

Re: Youth 2017/18

Any notable u18's to look out for tonight?

Lost 1-2

Watched the lads tonight and its fair to say the best team won. Charlton but for some shocking finishing would gave been 4-0 up by 65 mins. We scored a good goal to give some hope but the second goal we gave away was poor from the centre half and it was too big a mountain to climb. Sparkes was trying to win the game on his own too often and in my opinion isn't a central striker - should have played either on the left or as a No 10. Impressed with Joel Randall

Also went to watch last night. Think the result was a fair one. We should have scored within the first few minutes but around 5 minutes later we were 2-0 down. We played well in the second half and definitely had the majority of the play but we were fortunate not to concede more than we did. Thought James Dodd and Joel Randall were the standouts for us.

The u14 & u16's last night beat Plymouth & Bournemouth in the EFL floodlit cup to progress to the quarter finals.

Report of the U18s 3-2 win over Pompey.
    https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ity-under-18s/

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Report of the U18s 3-2 win over Pompey.
    https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ity-under-18s/
    I see that Lewis Williams and Jack Sparkes were on the bench. I understand re Sparkes;he's eligible for the first team,the U23s, will play Checkatrade -v- Chelsea next week and is also eligible for the U18s, where generally he is only now used where necessary.

But I thoughtWilliams was a professional and not eligible on age grounds for U18s?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    I see that Lewis Williams and Jack Sparkes were on the bench. I understand re Sparkes;he's eligible for the first team,the U23s, will play Checkatrade -v- Chelsea next week and is also eligible for the U18s, where generally he is only now used where necessary.

But I thought Williams was a professional and not eligible on age grounds for U18s?
    You are allowed an over-age goalkeeper provided he is under 19 (on 31 August). Williams is still 18.