• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2017/18

KWSGrecian

Any notable u18's to look out for tonight?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lost 1-2 :(

Saint James

Watched the lads tonight and its fair to say the best team won. Charlton but for some shocking finishing would gave been 4-0 up by 65 mins. We scored a good goal to give some hope but the second goal we gave away was poor from the centre half and it was too big a mountain to climb. Sparkes was trying to win the game on his own too often and in my opinion isn't a central striker - should have played either on the left or as a No 10. Impressed with Joel Randall

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also went to watch last night. Think the result was a fair one. We should have scored within the first few minutes but around 5 minutes later we were 2-0 down. We played well in the second half and definitely had the majority of the play but we were fortunate not to concede more than we did. Thought James Dodd and Joel Randall were the standouts for us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The u14 & u16's last night beat Plymouth & Bournemouth in the EFL floodlit cup to progress to the quarter finals.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

I see that Lewis Williams and Jack Sparkes were on the bench. I understand re Sparkes;he's eligible for the first team,the U23s, will play Checkatrade -v- Chelsea next week and is also eligible for the U18s, where generally he is only now used where necessary.

But I thoughtWilliams was a professional and not eligible on age grounds for U18s?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see that Lewis Williams and Jack Sparkes were on the bench. I understand re Sparkes;he's eligible for the first team,the U23s, will play Checkatrade -v- Chelsea next week and is also eligible for the U18s, where generally he is only now used where necessary.

But I thought Williams was a professional and not eligible on age grounds for U18s?
You are allowed an over-age goalkeeper provided he is under 19 (on 31 August). Williams is still 18.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another fine win for the U18s, this time away to Oxford https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/under-18s-oxford-united-0-city-2/

Avening Posse

Was interested to read that Lewis Wilson, playing for our under 16's, has scored 21 so far this season, including pre-season. Sounds like quite a haul for before Xmas.....anybody know much about this chap ?