• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

stonger or weaker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This close season weve sold olly, lost matty o, our 'steady eddie' goalkeeper has moved on as has granty and in new additions weve soley added ryan brunt or have i forgotton someone?

Me i'm still relatively optimistic and have confidence in what pt's put together

but a straight, this season v last seasons starting squad, i'de go this season were slightly weaker

how and indeed if that transfers onto the pitch has yet to be seen

whats your thoughts?

Exe on Valdez

Great post.

Jam Doughnut

Also added moxey and lost stacey and ampadu.
we are a fair bit weaker than last season but if we keep hold of wheeler i still think we can make the play offs

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit weaker going forward, still strong at the back. Pym needs to be more consistent because Hamon is dreadful. Weak ad pis's in the middle of the park.

CWH-NYC_

I will go a tad weaker for the squad but hopefully slightly fitter for the off, that being the case we should just make the play-offs again.

andrew p long

the value of this season's squad is weaker by more than £1.8m.

IndoMike

the value of this season's squad is weaker by more than £1.8m.
Plus the Amps value (cough cough)

Pobbop

Depends on what the question is we may well be weaker than the side that ended last year, but we're hugely stronger than the team/squad that started last year and played for a good part of the season, IMHO. Reid coming in was of course key, and he'll start this year, and looks like he's a bit fitter with a proper pre-season.

Thing is we can still add with loans and the like, we've more financial security, so hopefully we can look at a marquee player on-loan from the Prem or Championship.

I don't really see that we are that weak in midfield, as we're talking about comparing with last year, it's no worse, possibly better, as Moxey will probably push up as left-wing back with Woodman or Moore-Taylor left-sided of a three.

We'll miss Watkins and slightly Grant, no point arguing otherwise, but hopefully McAlinden, Brunt, Sparkes, maybe even Jay will fill that gap.

andrew p long

hopefully we can look at a marquee player on-loan from the Prem or Championship
Would a marquee signing be a sign of real in-tent?

Last edited:

Banksy

If Brunt is back to reasonably full fitness again I'd say about the same strength as the end of last season. I would really have liked to have seen an established quick right back though instead of the position being used for the Tisdale experimental spot.
Hope I 'm wrong but I think we'll finish just outside the playoffs because of lack of midfield bite.

Last edited: