• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict L2 17/18

With me predicting Port Vale to finish top, I'm surprised I'm not in last

RichCounty27

End of August update:

Like City, Red & White is likely wishing the season would end in August being in the lead currently with 150 points, 8 clear of Jammers20 with 158, and Grecian's The Word rounds off the top three with 160 points.

Two posters have the indignity of their score being in the 200s - both Anonymous and grecianfaniow are on 204 currently.

Obviously so far the strong start of Newport has thrown people off with some high scores for them, but otherwise people aren't faring *too* badly so far.
I hope you're all wrong about Newport County!! :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Monthly update to follow at the start of next week (this is NOT a thinly-veiled "bump the thread so I can find it easily on Monday" post).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Right, here goes...

With the season starting to settle down, the scores too have got better as teams are starting to move towards where they were "expected" to be. The current leader is Billy The Fish, with a superb score of 114. Exeweb's very own Hants Red is 2nd with 126 points, while in joint third on 128 points sit the trio of EX4 6PX, Grecian-on-Tyne and, er, someone called Jason H.

At the other end of the table is ecfc70 with 176, ten points adrift of Edward on 166.

Terryhall

I suspect that my prediction of Port Vale in 2nd and Newport in 24th are hurting my chances of threatening the top 3...

ecfc70

As I have the highest points total I will pretend I'm winning

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I cash out please ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
END OF OCTOBER UPDATE.....

Right, the season is really starting to take a bit of shape now, over a third of games have been played.

Still in the lead, in fact having extended his lead slightly, is Billy The Fish with 100 points. He is immediately followed by, ahem, Jason H with 116 points and Grecian-on-Tyne with 118 points.

At the foot of the table is still ecfc70, who is in danger of being cast adrift on 178 points, fully 20 points behind TOP_CITY_FAN on 158.

Most teams are now settling into the sort of positions predicted pre season, the notable exceptions being:

Accrington (Actual 2nd, Median 15th)
Chesterfield (Actual 24th, Median 11th)
Mansfield (Actual 14th, Median 4th)
Newport (Actual 8th, Median 22nd)
Notts County (Actual 1st, Median 14th)

Cambridge are the only team who are doing exactly as predicted.

ecfc70

Yes......still winning

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
END OF NOVEMBER UPDATE

With November's fixtures now all done and dusted, it's time for our monthly update.

Still in the lead, improving slightly to 98 points, is Billy The Fish. His lead has been slashed to four points, however, by EX4 6PX, while A Slacker is third with 114.

At the bottom is still ecfc70, but with a big improvement to 158 points. The deficit to 2nd bottom Grecian's The Word has been cut to 8 points, while Anonymous is also in relegation trouble on 148.

The teams we've struggled to predict, being 10+ places different in reality to the median prediction, are:

Accrington (Actual 3rd, Median 15th)
Chesterfield (Actual 24th, Median 11th)
Newport (Actual 9th, Median 22nd)
Notts County (Actual 2nd, Median 14th)

There is again one team doing exactly as predicted, and that is hot favourites Luton (1st).