• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ifollow player

hardi2b

Can someone "un-confuse me ? does my old "player " automatically become the new and improved Ifollow Player or do we expats have to download an entirely new one? have emailed those responsible and have received the requisite no-reply! Searches through the google play store draw a blank. Getting antsy with only just over a week to go and very much looking forward to the much vaunted "live streaming on my phone!

can someone enlighten me please ?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can someone "un-confuse me ? does my old "player " automatically become the new and improved Ifollow Player or do we expats have to download an entirely new one? have emailed those responsible and have received the requisite no-reply! Searches through the google play store draw a blank. Getting antsy with only just over a week to go and very much looking forward to the much vaunted "live streaming on my phone!

can someone enlighten me please ?
Hello mate, been away so just found your PM.

I have pretty much the same questions. What are we getting in the way of live commentary this year? I tried to sign in to Citys site while looking for Grecian Player, and its gone! Furthermore the site doesnt recognise my email and password, even though I'm nearly a month in credit from last season!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think they've launched the app yet. You'll have to listen through the browser on you desktop. Looks like it £110 to subscribe for the season for those overseas.

The Club's link in the browser is at https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/ifollow/

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure when this was announced it was said that those who pay monthly by card/DD will just have no payments taken out during the transition and then it will carry on as normal.

No idea about apps though, I always listen through my laptop.

PeteUSA

And when I first saw the announcements, I could have sworn that some of the commentaries were only available to expats. I've no interest in an app on my mammoth desktop, and hope I dont have to get involved in that.

PeteUSA

Thanks for the link Hants. So, it seems Grecian Player disappeared, together with nearly a months worth of matches I'm owed! I tried to log in and it doesnt recognise me! So, I guess its iFollow or nothing? Well at $140 up front, count me out! I dont need any of the additional features that come with this, so I'll have to follow the game on match tracker while reading the oohh's and ahhh's of the match on here?

hardi2b

Here is the latest "no response".
Thank you for your message. Our team will reply to you very shortly and we'll update you by email.

Thank you!
and .......

Greetings,

We still have no ETA as to when the app will be realased but it should be really soon. Keep on checking your clubs webpage as they will have more information about the app as soons as a realese date has been determined.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Bets regards,

with 9 days to go do we have recourse or any leverage in order to bring pressure to bear with regard to false advertising after touting the "available live streaming " with the seasons pass for overseas fans? Do not the clubs have any say or concern for their fans?

Last edited:

LOG

Thanks for the link Hants. So, it seems Grecian Player disappeared, together with nearly a months worth of matches I'm owed! I tried to log in and it doesnt recognise me! So, I guess its iFollow or nothing? Well at $140 up front, count me out! I dont need any of the additional features that come with this, so I'll have to follow the game on match tracker while reading the oohh's and ahhh's of the match on here?
To the best of my knowledge, Grecian Player hasn't disappeared it's just got a new name, and a very cool one because it begins with an i and that oozes cool. I've managed to log in without any trouble using the same log in as before and all of the old stuff seems to be there.

Regarding the $140, which i assume is £110, this subscription will allow you to watch the matches on a live stream and is only available to our friends overseas. I don't know but i'd guess that there's an option for wireless only if you don't want to fork out that much.

PeteUSA

Regarding the $140, which i assume is £110, this subscription will allow you to watch the matches on a live stream and is only available to our friends overseas. I don't know but i'd guess that there's an option for wireless only if you don't want to fork out that much.
Okay mate, thanks for that. I've had another look, and upon delving deeper it seems that the new system allows one to pay $7 per game, or listen to commentary for free. Its looking better all the time. I wonder who the commentators will be, or do you think they'll use the Radio Devon boys?

hardi2b

For interested parties........................https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/ details all this