Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 128

Thread: Butterflies at Argyle

  1. #11

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    The second friendly was called off as well! Argyle preseason going perfectly
    Oh, the irony!

  2. #12
    Nik Nak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    IN THE SIN BIN
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    The second friendly was called off as well! Argyle preseason going perfectly
    Can't turn up for Court so why turn up for a friendly ??????????

  3. #13
    Grecian2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    Posts
    20,985

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Ah blesss. Nice to see their resident little kitten has come back out to play.

    Perhaps Uncle Porkus should considering employing it on crowd control?


  4. #14

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Ah blesss. Nice to see their resident little kitten has come back out to play.

    Perhaps Uncle Porkus should considering employing it on crowd control?


    Don't worry Greek, I'll be around this season as you lot embarrass yourselves stumbling around in the basement.

    Maybe our cast-offs can provide you with a bit of class but all I can see is more talk of money, academy, transfers out, TTP, OTR, lack of information but very little about football.

    Apparently, we played really well against Feyenoord, how did your match at Poole go?

    Ho, ho, ho!

  5. #15
    STURTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Je suis Larry
    Posts
    18,742

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Seen your proposed starting line up Felix, seriously do you think that you'll stay up? Be nice to see Joel Grant getting a regular game though.

  6. #16

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Seen your proposed starting line up Felix, seriously do you think that you'll stay up? Be nice to see Joel Grant getting a regular game though.
    Name the last promoted league-2 side not to stay up.

    We have kept all the players that we wanted to and signed some really good players.

    We have strengthened more than the two teams who finished below us and we haven't touched the loan market yet.

    I think we will finish higher in our league than City will in league-2. As it stands you guys are weaker than last season and there are some strong sides this season, Mansfield, Luton, Coventry, Notts C, Lincoln, FGW.

    City's preoccupation seems to be collecting money at the expense of the team and crowing about their next big sale ( Sparkes) but not using it to progress the first 11.Great for Taggy but sh*te for the Saturday afternoon fans.
    Last edited by felix; 31 July 2017 at 20:40.

  7. #17
    Avening Posse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,331

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Relegation scrap for the greens, that Brent chap won't be too bothered though as long as the ice rink progresses ��

  8. #18

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Sturtz, I think you guys would do well to sign Brunt. If he's fit he can be a menace. He is strong, direct and knows how to score. The danger, of course, is he has had 2 knackered knees and could become a TAH type liability. He was keeping Reuben out of our side before his latest injury.

    Not so sure about Harvey. He has failed to impress at so many clubs despite having good ability. He is lightweight in my opinion and I think City have enough lightweight players.

    Grant seems to be a good signing and is apparently brilliant in training. Not sure he will be a starter from day one but have high hopes for him.

  9. #19
    iscalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away across the field
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Sturtz, I think you guys would do well to sign Brunt. If he's fit he can be a menace. He is strong, direct and knows how to score. The danger, of course, is he has had 2 knackered knees and could become a TAH type liability. He was keeping Reuben out of our side before his latest injury.

    Not so sure about Harvey. He has failed to impress at so many clubs despite having good ability. He is lightweight in my opinion and I think City have enough lightweight players.

    Grant seems to be a good signing and is apparently brilliant in training. Not sure he will be a starter from day one but have high hopes for him.
    Well, we've got brunt, so fingers crossed he can get/stay fit.

    Grant is an enigma. Either very good or right pants. Never consistent.

  10. #20
    denzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Travel Tavern
    Posts
    6,407

    Re: Butterflies at Argyle

    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Name the last promoted league-2 side not to stay up.

    We have kept all the players that we wanted to and signed some really good players.

    We have strengthened more than the two teams who finished below us and we haven't touched the loan market yet.

    I think we will finish higher in our league than City will in league-2. As it stands you guys are weaker than last season and there are some strong sides this season, Mansfield, Luton, Coventry, Notts C, Lincoln, FGW.

    City's preoccupation seems to be collecting money at the expense of the team and crowing about their next big sale ( Sparkes) but not using it to progress the first 11.Great for Taggy but sh*te for the Saturday afternoon fans.
    Yeah you keep believing that Felix. There is no way you will finish in a higher position in your division than us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •