• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Efl TV rights out to tender

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
news/2017/june/efl-domestic-boradcasting-rights/

Efl TV rights out to tender.

Bt sport expected to bid big

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Sky Sports currently has the rights to show 112 live fixtures from the Championship, League One and League Two a year."

And how many of those were League 2? Maybe six or seven, and last year it was mainly Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth. Would hope this is improved, though of course the main thing is getting a better deal for L2 clubs.

iscalad

news/2017/june/efl-domestic-boradcasting-rights/

Efl TV rights out to tender.

Bt sport expected to bid big
From 2019/2020 season. As they have 4 channels to fill we can only hope that they don't show the bias towards the Championship that Sky do.....unless we are in it of course.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think the Championship rights, or possibly just the Leeds matches, should be sold separately as its clear that's all Sky are interested in. BT's coverage of the Conference is excellent with 30-odd games a season and would be nice to see something similar for League One and Two as well.

Leads

Personally I am glad that we are very rarely on Sky and that our games are by and large 3pm on a Saturday/ 7.45pm on a Tuesday night.

It's hardly surprising that Sky want to show Leeds more than they do Exeter.

I don't want to sound all AMF but I think we have it ok and you should be pretty careful what you wish for.

Red Devon

Personally I am glad that we are very rarely on Sky and that our games are by and large 3pm on a Saturday/ 7.45pm on a Tuesday night.

I don't want to sound all AMF but I think we have it ok and you should be pretty careful what you wish for.
Me too, wouldn't want 4 or 5 Saturday games moved to Thursday or Monday nights

denzel

Me too, wouldn't want 4 or 5 Saturday games moved to Thursday or Monday nights
Wouldn't bother me having some home games moved, would be a bit annoying if away games say o FGR or Coventry were moved to a Thursday night though

"Sky Sports currently has the rights to show 112 live fixtures from the Championship, League One and League Two a year."

And how many of those were League 2? Maybe six or seven, and last year it was mainly Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth. Would hope this is improved, though of course the main thing is getting a better deal for L2 clubs.
The Championship is one of the top 10 leagues in European football. It is hardly surprising that Sky choose to show Leeds v Forest over Exeter v Barnet.

ECFC89

Kind of agree with all the comments here really, wouldn't like to see our games shifted from 3pm, however i do think a little more coverage of our league is to be expected.
If i was a Leeds fan i'd be continuously ****ed off, and not just because I support Leeds.