Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Efl TV rights out to tender

Efl TV rights out to tender

news/2017/june/efl-domestic-boradcasting-rights/

Efl TV rights out to tender.

Bt sport expected to bid big

Re: Efl TV rights out to tender

"Sky Sports currently has the rights to show 112 live fixtures from the Championship, League One and League Two a year."

And how many of those were League 2? Maybe six or seven, and last year it was mainly Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth. Would hope this is improved, though of course the main thing is getting a better deal for L2 clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MJP_Exeter View Post
    news/2017/june/efl-domestic-boradcasting-rights/

Efl TV rights out to tender.

Bt sport expected to bid big
    From 2019/2020 season. As they have 4 channels to fill we can only hope that they don't show the bias towards the Championship that Sky do.....unless we are in it of course.

Think the Championship rights, or possibly just the Leeds matches, should be sold separately as its clear that's all Sky are interested in. BT's coverage of the Conference is excellent with 30-odd games a season and would be nice to see something similar for League One and Two as well.

Personally I am glad that we are very rarely on Sky and that our games are by and large 3pm on a Saturday/ 7.45pm on a Tuesday night.

It's hardly surprising that Sky want to show Leeds more than they do Exeter.

I don't want to sound all AMF but I think we have it ok and you should be pretty careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Leads View Post
    Personally I am glad that we are very rarely on Sky and that our games are by and large 3pm on a Saturday/ 7.45pm on a Tuesday night.

I don't want to sound all AMF but I think we have it ok and you should be pretty careful what you wish for.
    Me too, wouldn't want 4 or 5 Saturday games moved to Thursday or Monday nights

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    Me too, wouldn't want 4 or 5 Saturday games moved to Thursday or Monday nights
    Wouldn't bother me having some home games moved, would be a bit annoying if away games say o FGR or Coventry were moved to a Thursday night though

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    "Sky Sports currently has the rights to show 112 live fixtures from the Championship, League One and League Two a year."

And how many of those were League 2? Maybe six or seven, and last year it was mainly Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth. Would hope this is improved, though of course the main thing is getting a better deal for L2 clubs.
    The Championship is one of the top 10 leagues in European football. It is hardly surprising that Sky choose to show Leeds v Forest over Exeter v Barnet.

Kind of agree with all the comments here really, wouldn't like to see our games shifted from 3pm, however i do think a little more coverage of our league is to be expected.
    If i was a Leeds fan i'd be continuously ****ed off, and not just because I support Leeds.