Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    RW : i have always supported the Ampadus : it is their business and like all families they must do the best for young Amps. My point is that if the buying team says "sorry, we will follow the compensation rules", that would be the end of the story. Secondly, is Chelsea actually allowed to not adhere to the compensation rules? If you see all my posts regarding this matter you will see I have never criticised the Ampadus. I also mentioned the point about the competition yesterday or 2 days ago, and maybe that was the bargaining point. I must say that if Amps has already signed for Chelsea surely the negotiation has already been done?
    I presume then that the Ampadus would say 'sorry, we're going somewhere else then' if they really are concerned that City come out of this well. Perhaps one of the reasons for going to Chelsea is that they've offered the best package, not only for Ethan but for ECFC too? As for whether they are allowed to pay more, I'd guess they can pay whatever they like and that the compensation fee would be the minimum we could expect.

Course that could all be slobocks and we're going to get shafted royally, but given what quite a few people are saying about what sort of man Kwame is I would hope that that translates into a decent windfall for the club.

RW : i have always supported the Ampadus : it is their business and like all families they must do the best for young Amps. My point is that if the buying team says "sorry, we will follow the compensation rules", that would be the end of the story. Secondly, is Chelsea actually allowed to not adhere to the compensation rules? If you see all my posts regarding this matter you will see I have never criticised the Ampadus. I also mentioned the point about the competition yesterday or 2 days ago, and maybe that was the bargaining point. I must say that if Amps has already signed for Chelsea surely the negotiation has already been done?
    Mike, I'm not at all saying that you don't support the Ampadus. My point was solely made to suggest that they will support City.

Are the compensation rules the minimum requirement that could be exceeded? In any case these form a contract between the Club and Chelsea. What I was hinting at is the suggestion that additional compensation could be provided in the contract between Ethan and Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwing View Post
    Mike, I'm not at all saying that you don't support the Ampadus. My point was solely made to suggest that they will support City.

Are the compensation rules the minimum requirement that could be exceeded? In any case these form a contract between the Club and Chelsea. What I was hinting at is the suggestion that additional compensation could be provided in the contract between Ethan and Chelsea.
    Yes, RW : since there are so many misunderstandings on Exeweb due to misinterpretation of the written word and the absence of body language and gestures, I just wanted to make it doubly clear what I meant.
    If the word negotiation is being bandied about it then it does sound a little strange, since it seems that Amps has already done. Perhaps the deal has already been done. For sure we will not be told in the near future : "undisclosed".
    Last edited by IndoMike; 02 July 2017 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    I presume then that the Ampadus would say 'sorry, we're going somewhere else then' if they really are concerned that City come out of this well. Perhaps one of the reasons for going to Chelsea is that they've offered the best package, not only for Ethan but for ECFC too? As for whether they are allowed to pay more, I'd guess they can pay whatever they like and that the compensation fee would be the minimum we could expect.

Course that could all be slobocks and we're going to get shafted royally, but given what quite a few people are saying about what sort of man Kwame is I would hope that that translates into a decent windfall for the club.
    It's a difficult situation for the Ampadus. I''m sure they would like to help City : there must be a friendly or even close relationship between the Ampadus and the club. On the other hand, if Chelsea paid a couple of million upfront it could be argued that it would be detrimental to Apms starting salary at Chelsea. Also, as I said before, would Chelsea want to set a precedent? Conversely, maybe the precedent is already set and it's their custom to do that (if they are allowed to.
    Lets hope it's a win-win situation for all. But in the end, I wouldn't blame the Ampadus for doing the best for their son. I probably would.

Not sure how anyone can put a positive spin on this deal or suggest City's interest was at the fore-front of anyone's motivation.

Unfortunately it's hard to see anything other than this being financially driven as football certainly wasn't.

I had far higher hopes for Ethan's career before seeing this move.

Yes, RW : since there are so many misunderstandings on Exeweb due to misinterpretation of the written word and the absence of body language and gestures, I just wanted to make it doubly clear what I meant.
    If the word negotiation is being bandied about it then it does sound a little strange, since it seems that Amps has already done. Perhaps the deal has already been done. For sure we will not be told in the near future : "undisclosed".
    I think it would be in the Club's interest to disclose the details, particularly if there is a substantial sum involved. This would counter the argument that we have been seen off by Chelsea and the compensation regs. If it's a small sum then they can blame the compensation regs. It would certainly be in the Ampadus' interests to disclose the details if it is a large sum as they can then say that they looked after the Club.

However it would have been a whole lot simpler if Ethan had simply signed a contract with City. Agreement of the package with Chelsea would then have been directly in the hands of the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Daved89 View Post
    It is my understanding that a substantial fee is being negotiated. Millions of pounds will be exchanged - the club will certainly profit substantially.
    I would be delighted if that was the case but I cannot see that any financial settlement is likely to be anywhere near a million.

I would like to think Ethan is the exception who we will see in a Chelsea shirt,bit I won't hold my breath.i think the liverpool echo comment about vitesse arnhem might not be far wrong.whatever happens I wish Ethan well and I hope he goes on to have a great career at the highest level.

It's a difficult situation for the Ampadus. I''m sure they would like to help City : there must be a friendly or even close relationship between the Ampadus and the club. On the other hand, if Chelsea paid a couple of million upfront it could be argued that it would be detrimental to Apms starting salary at Chelsea. Also, as I said before, would Chelsea want to set a precedent? Conversely, maybe the precedent is already set and it's their custom to do that (if they are allowed to.
    Lets hope it's a win-win situation for all. But in the end, I wouldn't blame the Ampadus for doing the best for their son. I probably would.
    Regarding Chelsea setting a precedent, perhaps with that in mind it's Chelsea who wish the terms to remain 'undisclosed'?

http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/t...gabung-chelsea

this report really is incomprehensible..

(though I suspect Indomike might be able to understand it..)
    Last edited by andrew p long; 02 July 2017 at 20:02.