Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1090

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Hopefully I am incorrect on this, and admit I don"t know much about how tribunals work, but I read somewhere (not in a football tribunal I hasten to add) that the norm is for the tribunal to set the floor and ceiling at where each of the parties have suggested ?. Can anybody with a bit more knowledge on this confirm if this is indeed true ?. If we have suggested a ceiling does this mean the tribunal will not go above what we may have already suggested ?

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

I would assume that any tribunal award will be cash + add-ons. In the long run the add-ons could make more than the cash lump sum.

If young Ethan hadn't been brainwashed by Coleman and his English kid-tapping Welsh mafia, he would have had an outside chance of making the England World Cup squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SDRighton View Post
    If young Ethan hadn't been brainwashed by Coleman and his English kid-tapping Welsh mafia, he would have had an outside chance of making the England World Cup squad.
    Not a chance. There's no way England would look at a player in Div.4, and a summer transfer to Chelsea and 90 minutes or so of first team action wouldn't be enough to warrant a call up.

Solanke however might make it.... Looks some player. Tad raw still but very impressive cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Hopefully I am incorrect on this, and admit I don"t know much about how tribunals work, but I read somewhere (not in a football tribunal I hasten to add) that the norm is for the tribunal to set the floor and ceiling at where each of the parties have suggested ?
    That's broadly the usual outcome but, as ever, it is a bit more complex/nuanced than that.

Perhaps the most important point is whether the negotiations to date have been 'without prejudice'. Parties can negotiate in this way by saying for example 'without prejudice we would take £3m now'. 'Without prejudice' means that if it goes to the Tribunal that party can have as a starting point that they are asking for more, say £5m.'Without prejudice' offers are not shown to, or known by, the Tribunal. The courts have some complex rules formalising such without prejudice offers; the intention is to allow/encourage parties to negotiate sensibly, but without fearing that the fact of having negotiated/offered will weaken their position if the case ultimately fights.

So the bottom line is that we are unlikely to get more at Tribunal than we ask the Tribunal to award, but we may well get more than we (privately and without prejudice) have said that we would accept.

(NB this is of course why it is normally tactically better not to publicly reveal without prejudice offers one has made)

The longer this goes on, the closer Ethan will surely get to City”s valuation and Perryman may have to revise it upwards. The only argument that Chelsea will have is that Ethan has made giant strides in the few months since he has been with them. Who is that going to convince? Even if the tribunal buys that, they have to acknowledge that he wasn’t far off the finished article before he left us. The Solanke tribunal result will no doubt have a big bearing on his valuation as they both broke into international football at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Not a chance. There's no way England would look at a player in Div.4, and a summer transfer to Chelsea and 90 minutes or so of first team action wouldn't be enough to warrant a call up.
    I actually agree: a very very outside chance. It was more a case of me wanting to rant about Coleman nicking him for Wales by tapping him up as a kid and offering him things England simply cannot at this stage.

He was born in England, schooled at an English club (ECFC), played for England (U16s), moved to another English club (CFC), has lived in England all his life. Welsh? **** off. What I really don't understand is that surely any player wants to play for his country, and by any objective measure he is English. Welsh brainwashing.
    Last edited by SDRighton; 15 November 2017 at 10:55.

Quote Originally Posted by SDRighton View Post
    I actually agree: a very very outside chance. It was more a case of me wanting to rant about Coleman nicking him for Wales by tapping him up as a kid and offering him things England simply cannot at this stage.

He was born in England, schooled at an English club (ECFC), played for England (U16s), moved to another English club (CFC), has lived in England all his life. Welsh? **** off. What I really don't understand is that surely any player wants to play for his country, and by any objective measure he is English. Welsh brainwashing.
    You live on a rock in the middle of the Med, what's your opinion worth?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    You live on a rock in the middle of the Med, what's your opinion worth?
    Wow, just wow, your typical condescension has just reached a new low.

I know SDRighton, he's bl**dy passionate about City. Where he lives (now) doesn't matter one iota about the value of his opinion.