Page 225 of 252 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2511

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea (transfer fee update)

Quote Originally Posted by Pobbop View Post
    It's certainly good news for Ethan, this window, there was big talk of Chelsea signing a centre-half at the start of it, didn't happen, he's definitely in the reckoning now, but still may have Rudiger, Luiz, Cahill and Christainsen (who were all at the world Cup) ahead of him, so let's not have him going for 200 million just yet.
    Ethan would have been there too, with Wales, had they qualified !

Quote Originally Posted by Pobbop View Post
    It's certainly good news for Ethan, this window, there was big talk of Chelsea signing a centre-half at the start of it, didn't happen, he's definitely in the reckoning now, but still may have Rudiger, Luiz, Cahill and Christainsen (who were all at the world Cup) ahead of him, so let's not have him going for 200 million just yet.
    True but Chelsea know a footballing talent when they see one and so do their fans and to say the latter are waxing lyrical over Ethanís performances would be putting it mildly. I am not a betting man but failing a catastrophic injury I would lay odds on Ethan, whether in leaving Chelsea or later in his career, being sold for some very serious money....just hope we get our due cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    True but Chelsea know a footballing talent when they see one and so do their fans and to say the latter are waxing lyrical over Ethan’s performances would be putting it mildly. I am not a betting man but failing a catastrophic injury I would lay odds on Ethan, whether in leaving Chelsea or later in his career, being sold for some very serious money....just hope we get our due cut.
    Chelsea fans have also gone crazy over the likes of Woods, McEachran, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek... not to rain on the parade but more to say that not every great player gets the chances he perhaps deserves, and that can stall development and often they can then leave Chelsea for free rather than a large transfer fee.

It's good that Ethan got solid minutes and played well last season - its good that he seems to have a path to the Chelsea first team again this season. I don't know enough about Sarri to know his thoughts on blooding young players but hopefully Ethan will get chances this season and will take them, and develop into the kind of player we all think he could be.

Anybody else think the Arsenal No 29 - Guendouzi - this afternoon looked remarkably like Ethan, even down to the walk/run?

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    Chelsea fans have also gone crazy over the likes of Woods, McEachran, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek... not to rain on the parade but more to say that not every great player gets the chances he perhaps deserves, and that can stall development and often they can then leave Chelsea for free rather than a large transfer fee.

It's good that Ethan got solid minutes and played well last season - its good that he seems to have a path to the Chelsea first team again this season. I don't know enough about Sarri to know his thoughts on blooding young players but hopefully Ethan will get chances this season and will take them, and develop into the kind of player we all think he could be.
    Is that the same Loftus-Cheeke who played his part in an England squad that got to the World Cup semi final last month? But yes, you’re right, not to rain on anyone’s parade...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    Anybody else think the Arsenal No 29 - Guendouzi - this afternoon looked remarkably like Ethan, even down to the walk/run?
    Not really, he just has big hair. Ethan plays with more calmness.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Is that the same Loftus-Cheeke who played his part in an England squad that got to the World Cup semi final last month? But yes, you’re right, not to rain on anyone’s parade...
    The very one, the same one who was loaned out by Chelsea to Crystal Palace during last season you may recall. He still has a chance to break into the Chelsea first XI this season - similar to the others I mentioned - in their case you'll note that they were ultimately unsuccessful. RLC is the most recent (and perhaps Ethan after him) but the others have all been lauded by the fans, blooded into the first team and... ultimately left Chelsea either for free or for nominal transfer fees.

Not wishing to upset the apple cart, but L-C is nothing special, and Palace is probably his level.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Not wishing to upset the apple cart, but L-C is nothing special, and Palace is probably his level.
    This is my point Mike. He is undoubtedly a talented footballer, has been praised by Chelsea fans since he emerged from their U18 set up, got some time in the first team, but not enough opportunities to truly develop as he otherwise could have. If he does leave them, it'll more likely be a step down to another English club, rather than a massive fee to a European heavyweight (not to say it couldn't happen - but in my opinion it's more likely to go the other way). Nathan Ake is another prominent example.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    This is my point Mike. He is undoubtedly a talented footballer, has been praised by Chelsea fans since he emerged from their U18 set up, got some time in the first team, but not enough opportunities to truly develop as he otherwise could have. If he does leave them, it'll more likely be a step down to another English club, rather than a massive fee to a European heavyweight (not to say it couldn't happen - but in my opinion it's more likely to go the other way). Nathan Ake is another prominent example.
    ......However, Amps is still very young so there's still a chance he can make it at Chelsea.