Page 167 of 257 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2563

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    an interesting article in this month's when Saturday Comes from a Walsall fan. They sold Troy Deeney to Watford for 259k plus 20% of future transfer profit.

So every transfer window they see 'Deeney to Leicester for £25m' or similar headlines, a move which could transform Walall's finances /they could buy the freehold of their ground
    I am still patiently waiting for James Coppinger to get tempted away from Donny Rovers for our sell on share. He went on loan to Forest once didn't he? I thought our luck was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Tisdale, tagg and Perryman do have a small percentage of the transfer fee. They've helped with the product, they've done the deal. It's common practise at most clubs. Exciting times for them and us as a club.
    Do you know this as fact? If so, how? Just interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you know this as fact? If so, how? Just interested.
    I don't know if it's a fact at our club but it's a fact that it's common practice at most clubs. I wasn't having a dig about it or making any snide comment. The directors and management team put in a huge amount of effort to get players in and out for the best price possible. To maximise the income on player sales it would be sensible to offer the management team a small bonus. I've no doubt they've worked there socks off to make the best out of a sticky situation with Ethan and his transfer to Chelsea
    Last edited by Angus; 12 March 2018 at 00:23.

Ampadu playing in the centre of a 3 man defence for Chelsea U19s v. Real Madrid. Just about to start live on BT TV.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Ampadu playing in the centre of a 3 man defence for Chelsea U19s v. Real Madrid. Just about to start live on BT TV.
    1 nil down to a stunning free kick.

Chelsea 3-1 up at half time, Ampadu strolling.

Ethan badly hurt at the moment. Limping off

In the Wales squad for the China Cup, to play China and either Uruguay or Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Tisdale, tagg and Perryman do have a small percentage of the transfer fee. They've helped with the product, they've done the deal. It's common practise at most clubs. Exciting times for them and us as a club.
    I would be very surprised if any of our management or directors have such an arrangement...If they do, then I see little to justify it in the context of a supporter owned club...

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    I would be very surprised if any of our management or directors have such an arrangement...If they do, then I see little to justify it in the context of a supporter owned club...
    I agree. I honestly don't think the aforementioned club employees would take a cut from any transfers. The management don't own the player so they shouldn't be entitled to commission. And many people are involved in the development of a player, e.g. the parents, the academy staff, friends even. Also, as you say, it would violate the club's ethos of being a community club owned by the fans.