Page 154 of 252 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2511

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

  1. #1531
    CREDYGRECIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP
    Posts
    33,205

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    If you didn't have posts there would be no goal - if there is no goal there would be no target

    Missing the target is when sticking it over or wide IMO

    Hitting the post isn't either of those

    Not that it really matters

  2. #1532

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,457

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    If you didn't have posts there would be no goal - if there is no goal there would be no target

    Missing the target is when sticking it over or wide IMO

    Hitting the post isn't either of those

    Not that it really matters
    Doesn't matter much at all to me, either. Just a technicality. According to your theory if a player hits the post it's a goal, then.

  3. #1533

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    378

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    I assume you mean obvious.

    Nice try 6 for effort.
    No not obvious because you are oblivious to the fact you are wrong!

  4. #1534

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    If you didn't have posts there would be no goal - if there is no goal there would be no target

    Missing the target is when sticking it over or wide IMO

    Hitting the post isn't either of those

    Not that it really matters
    Are you also happy you hit the target when it bounces off the rim of the toilet seat?

  5. #1535
    grecIAN Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the drivers seat..........
    Posts
    19,149

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    He didn't miss the target though did he - he hit the post and the inside at that and it was top corner and the keeper didn't sniff it...

    If that rebounds into the net which it does more often than not everyone says what a penalty
    The target is getting past the white line between the post and under the crossbar. He failed to do and so thus failed to hit the target.

  6. #1536
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    If you hit the target it's either a goal or it's saved. This was neither. He therefore did not hit the target

  7. #1537
    Antony Moxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Exmuff
    Posts
    39,588

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    The target is the bit IN BETWEEN the posts and bar, not the posts and bar themselves. He hit the post therefore missed the target, which is the space inside the posts and bar.

  8. #1538
    richard_portland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Backing Matt Taylor
    Posts
    12,536

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Haven’t seen the pen but would say hitting the inside of post is unlucky. Might be technically missing the target but only very marginally. If someone blazes wide or over, or hits a poorly hit penalty which is saved then I would say that would be much worse.

  9. #1539
    denzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    east of the Exe and west of the Axe
    Posts
    3,077

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea


  10. #1540
    CREDYGRECIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP
    Posts
    33,205

    Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    The target is getting past the white line between the post and under the crossbar. He failed to do and so thus failed to hit the target.
    As usual your wrong by why change the habit of a lifetime

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •