Page 125 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2165

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea (transfer fee update)

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post
    If Chelsea were to sell him, hypothetically in January, a first team squad member, international squad member, and crucially at 16 with the significant potential of becoming a "great" player they would be asking 20m and probably get it.
    All the more important that we present a good case at the tribunal and press for add-ons and future percentages so we can benefit from current and future development at Chelsea.

Tribunals normally assign 20% sell on clauses regardless of value.
    It may be that the clubs get some negotiating room on this aspect but I would be amazed if it was set at anything else.

Judged from reported general comments of a Chelsea Director in London Evening Standard a couple of months ago you could well be right Cheshire Grecian. The impression gained was that Ethan was in effect being marketed ...next Gareth Bale etc ..I thought at the time that would make sense of his rapid elevation to the 1st team squad when a Tribunal was in the offing. If so .....it's a win win for both clubs .

Gordon, therin lies the problem with third hand quotes. If you take that supposed comment at face value it makes little sense as why would Chelsea be interested in selling any of their future assets to any European rival? They never have been a selling club in that sense as they have always coveted European silverware. They dont need the money in the same way that if Ethan was at Arsenal or a lower Prem club Ethan would be picked off by the Euro top teams. Chelsea would be looking at Ethan as a part of their own future team not anyone else's.

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

I guess Chelsea are doing what every large business does, looking at bottom line profit without allowing sentiment to come into things. I don't think it's just Chelsea who would behave like that, but given their huge wealth , if we were asking 3m and they were prepared to pay up to half of that then it's a shame they couldn't have just coughed up. If they see Ampadu as a big prospect then that is still good value for them.

If as I hope the tribunal decides on a favourable deal for us then Chelsea could hardly complain, unless we were being unreasonable in what we wanted, and somehow I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Gordon, therin lies the problem with third hand quotes. If you take that supposed comment at face value it makes little sense as why would Chelsea be interested in selling any of their future assets to any European rival? They never have been a selling club in that sense as they have always coveted European silverware. They dont need the money in the same way that if Ethan was at Arsenal or a lower Prem club Ethan would be picked off by the Euro top teams. Chelsea would be looking at Ethan as a part of their own future team not anyone else's.
    Although Chelsea are perceived as a wealthy club with a fabulously wealthy owner, the reality is a little different. They aren't in the same street as Man City and Usmanov at Arsenal who isn't even the majority shareholder, is wealthier than Abramovich. I'm not suggesting they are their uppers but they are also more than a billion in debt, so don't expect any favours...

malcolms : As Saint Jemes points up the whole thing is a bit of a conundrum but I'm with you . That could even have been why the Ampadus did what they did in removing him somewhat earlier than anticipated from ECFC then opting for Chelsea on the basis of Ethan being given a fast track to megabucks at top European club with extremely deep pockets. In such a scenario....every one wins ?

yep they're so skint they paid 60m for Morata

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Although Chelsea are perceived as a wealthy club with a fabulously wealthy owner, the reality is a little different. They aren't in the same street as Man City and Usmanov at Arsenal who isn't even the majority shareholder, is wealthier than Abramovich. I'm not suggesting they are their uppers but they are also more than a billion in debt, so don't expect any favours...
    Is a club which is a billion in debt (are u sure about that??) not breaking the financial rules of the Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Just checked this out. In effect the 1billion quid debt is owed by Chelsea to Abramovitch - an interest free loan, I believe. However, Abramovitch's money would be paid back thru the sale of the club if he parachuted out. It must be said that he seems totally invested in the club -often attends youth matches etc. Abramovitch is worth about 5 bn. quid.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 27 December 2017 at 03:25.