Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Didn't we have someone previously who left us and just before the add on's came into play he was either rested or moved onto another club so they didn't have to pay us anything ?
    Yes James Dunne. He was moved off to Scotland (by Stevenage I think) and then sold at the end of the season. They thought that they had got away with it but they still had to pay us a percentage amount. A lot has been written about it on here already, but I can't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    The numbers in that article seem very low, I worry people hoping for telephone numbers on this thread could be in for a nasty shock.
    God this is getting tedious now. The EPPP has absolutely no relevance to this whatsoever, so I don't understand why people keep raking it up. The final figure will be way above the EPPP levels, and I will be very surprised if we don't beat our previous up front fee. Some of the addons, although often a waste of time could reap us massive Wonga over coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Exehausted View Post
    Mike, read what I wrote on 847. They out bid the other interested teams. Several people who know a lot more about it than me say that the weekly wage I quoted is about right. He would have had a skilled agent working for him and deliberately playing one club off against another. It has to have been a fantastic offer, other wise he would have joined his Dad at Arsenal. That's why I think that the figure that Steve and Julian are said to be asking for is realistic. You don't out bid other top six clubs with a five year deal worth over six million pounds "on a punt on potential". He's already becoming a regular in the first team match day squad in the Premiership. I'm sure we have put together a very strong case, probably with the help of a top lawyer or even a QC. I am convinced that the up front fee will comfortably beat our record sale of 1.8 million for Ollie. I'm sure the headlines will say "up to 10 million", but that will be made up of fanciful add ons that rarely come to much.
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by muppetdodger View Post
    God this is getting tedious now. The EPPP has absolutely no relevance to this whatsoever.
    Not so. If Ampadu had registered as an Academy player we would have been bound by the EPPP rules and got peanuts. He didn't, which is why it is going to go to a Tribunal. Understanding the difference between the two scenarios is critical to the situation as it now is.

Quote Originally Posted by Exehausted View Post
    Back of a fag packet calculation. Amps v Pogba. Pogba 90 million cost, wages said to be at least 250,000 a week on a five year deal. 62.5 m plus 90m= 152 m.Amps. Wages apparently 25,000 a week (staggering I know but Wenger said last year that there are dozens of teenage millionaires who have never got near a Prem match day squad), which given there were at least 3 other big clubs after him I find quite believable, so on a 5 year deal 6.25 m. plus, say 3m is 9.5 m. So Chelsea could pick up 17 players of Amps ability for the same money as Pogba. In that sort of context, which I'm sure our club will present it, Chelsea will get him cheap. I would ask for a sell on of 20%, but because if he makes it they won't sell him, I would ask for a percentage of his second 5 year deal, say 10 per cent. If he's a big star then his wages would at least match Pogba and that would give us an extra 6.2 million. In today's crazy money go round still cheap. Do I think any tribunal would sanction that? Nope, but that wouldn't stop me asking!
    Can we just get this right?Are you saying that Ampadu is on 25k per week, which is 1.3m per year (and 6.5m over 5 years)?

If you are saying that,what is the sauce and how reliable is it?

(it would be great news if true, because if Chelsea are prepared to pay 6m+ in wages then...)

If he is he's probably the lowest paid player on the fringe of the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by muppetdodger View Post
    God this is getting tedious now. The EPPP has absolutely no relevance to this whatsoever, so I don't understand why people keep raking it up. The final figure will be way above the EPPP levels, and I will be very surprised if we don't beat our previous up front fee. Some of the addons, although often a waste of time could reap us massive Wonga over coming years.
    he wont be leaving the chav's they WILL build the next generation on him.. he's totally in the right place at the right time , only shame is he aint gonna play for england.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    he wont be leaving the chav's they WILL build the next generation on him.. he's totally in the right place at the right time , only shame is he aint gonna play for england.
    Fast forward 10 years with Ampadu playing for Wigan in the Championship? I suspect you are one of those who predicted that Grimes would be turning out for Juventus by now. Its perfectly possible that Ampadu Jnr may become a decent player, but to predict that he will be the future for one of Europe's top clubs is statistically unlikely. I can't think of one British player who has fulfilled this role in the last 20 years (you could argue that Beckham and perhaps Lampard came close)

Gareth Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Gareth Bale.
    Great player though Bale is, he's on the same level as three or four other players in the Real Madrid squad so NOT the player they built a "next generation around"...
    Last edited by malcolms; 05 November 2017 at 13:38.