Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Bournemouth nearly didn't get a penny from that sell-on...I believe Southampton asked Liverpool to add his cost to their bid for Lovren and then take Lallana for free so Bournemouth wouldn't get their cut. Not sure who stopped it happening but bloody disgraceful if true.

No great surprise but he's been included in the Wales squad for their upcoming friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    Bournemouth nearly didn't get a penny from that sell-on...I believe Southampton asked Liverpool to add his cost to their bid for Lovren and then take Lallana for free so Bournemouth wouldn't get their cut. Not sure who stopped it happening but bloody disgraceful if true.
    I think this is one of those Exeweb-type rumours, can't find any evidence that it's true. I imagine the two players' agents and the tax people would have been less than happy...

I think its fair to say that the sell on clause for him could be the most important part of the package when it is finally decided..
    I would hope the most important part of the package would be incremental payments on first team/international appearance landmarks. He could well stay at Chelsea for the rest of his career !

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Sell-on clauses of 20% or thereabouts are pretty much standard these days, sometimes even more. Bournemouth got a reputed 5.75 m when Southampton sold Lallana to Liverpool. The Tribunal will be well aware of this, both Dunne and TAH had 20% sell-on clauses in their Tribunal awards.
    I had a look over some tribunal outcomes a little while ago and, from memory, they all included sell on clauses so it definitely seems to be something they favour.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I'm wondering after last nites loss in rome which is being put down,at least partly, to a lack of decent defensive minded midfield cover, wether amps will be making his full debut at the weekend ..would not surprise me in the least.
    I think Kante think is back in full training now, so should expect to see him start soon. Hoping it is not the case, I expect Ethan to slip back down into the youth side because of it.
    Last edited by jimbo-gould; 01 November 2017 at 13:28.

I cant see it happening but best case scenario would be Chelsea finish 3rd in their CL group...Ethan may well be in line for games in a Europa League squad.

I cant see it happening but best case scenario would be Chelsea finish 3rd in their CL group...Ethan may well be in line for games in a Europa League squad.
    Or they are allowed to refresh the 25 man squad for the knock out stages so could put him in if they so wish.

Slightly digressing here...

Could we be dragging our feet taking this to tribunal in order to shove any income from Amps move into the next financial year?

The club's financial year end is 30th June so i'd hope it didn't drag on quite that long! Who knows though, these things seem to move only as quickly as the slowest part.