Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Clearly, the Ampadu's have been more than fair to the club - nice to see there is still some loyalty and honesty in football. it looks as though there is a lot of work to do in preparing a case to achieve best value at the tribunal. Let's all hope that is given adequate consideration and leads to a successful conclusion for ECFC, and Ethan of course.

I had my doubts that I would ever see the lad play for ECFC, so was very pleased that he did... and what potential he has. Shame it's not with England, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    As Manc says those 'rules' are irrelevant as Ethan stayed with us just long enough for us to be able to make a contract offer and therefore a tribunal case for compensation (well done Amps).
    Also earlier in the thread are two useful posts regarding the 'rules' that do apply.

Here are excerpts from them as a reminder:
    Post #245 from Martin Lawrence
    "As Ethan's registration ceased at the end of the season he is no longer covered by the EPPP.
    However because we offered a professional deal to Ethan and because he is under 23, we are entitled to compensation under the Bosman ruling".

Post #397 from donkey referring to this quote from the Burnley Chairman as regards to the case they made against Liverpool for Danny Ings (6.5 million, 1.5 add ons; 20% sell on fee)
    "The key to this was that we bring the claim against Liverpool, therefore we had to prepare an extremely robust case.
    You're talking a documentation bundle of probably in excess of 400 or 500 pages with witness statements, evidence, analytics about player performance, the statement as to why we make a judgement as to what we believe the player is worth, compared to what Liverpool want to offer.
    You get your ducks in a row and do the job right.
    The value is based on training compensation, not the market value of a player,
    It's how long you have that player at your club, what did you do to develop him, what were your investments in how you developed him and as a result of that what player did you produce at the point he departed your club".
    Spoonz, I'm sure this has been done before, but according to various websites, and according to the above quote, which is extracted from a football law website, the interest shown by other clubs is also a factor.

"PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place".

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Spoonz, I'm sure this has been done before, but according to various websites, and according to the above quote, which is extracted from a football law website, the interest shown by other clubs is also a factor.

"PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place".
    You're absolutely right Mike. I was limiting my post to highlight 2 important facets before the thread re-routed back to a discussion on EPPP payments and comparisons of market value.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Spoonz, I'm sure this has been done before, but according to various websites, and according to the above quote, which is extracted from a football law website, the interest shown by other clubs is also a factor..
    Just out of interest, was there any interests from other clubs? Its seemed to me like it was a done deal with Chelsea from day one.

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

Actually if Chelsea did offer 1.5m, back on loan for 2 years and a sell on clause, I am surprised we didn't take that.

Quote Originally Posted by tonykellowfan View Post
    Actually if Chelsea did offer 1.5m, back on loan for 2 years and a sell on clause, I am surprised we didn't take that.
    I heard that story too, but promised not to reveal my sauce.

Personally I'm not sure it would be good for either Ampadu or ECFC for us to have a two year loanback. So I can understand why this isn't the preferred solution.

If he is really as good as we all think, he should be either getting game time at Chelsea (U23s plus cup games, maybe even on the bench for the PL) or out with a bigger club than us.

And for us, more money would allow us to do more stuff now like upgrading the facilities at the C&F and further enhancements of the SJP infrastructure, buy the OTR building etc.

And heretically, do we need him? We seem to have a good enough squad for top of L2 with the arrival of Boateng and Stockley plus the two WBA loanees.

Think i'm right in saying a player cant be loaned until he is 18 so any loan would have had to wait anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    Think i'm right in saying a player cant be loaned until he is 18 so any loan would have had to wait anyway
    Not so. Kane Wilson is only 17.

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    Players have to be on full-time pro contracts before they can be loaned out, i.e. no players on youth contracts/academy contracts can be loaned.
    Last edited by jrg333; 06 October 2017 at 12:34.