Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by tonykellowfan View Post
    So there is a well defined procedure which is if the parties cannot agree a fee, it goes to tribunal.

I don't see any problem with that. Chelsea haven't done anything wrong.
    Agree. As we're not even aware of the figure City, or Chelsea, has put on him how can anybody judge Chelsea as being unreasonable ?

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Agree. As we're not even aware of the figure City, or Chelsea, has put on him how can anybody judge Chelsea as being unreasonable ?
    But... they're rich, therefore have a moral obligation to throw money around because, umm... well, just because we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin_price View Post
    But... they're rich, therefore have a moral obligation to throw money around because, umm... well, just because we want it.
    I'd say more they have a moral obligation not to screw the little guy and to pay a fair market price.

If ECFC and Chelsea cannot agree on a fair market price, a tribunal will.

No harm, no foul.

Apparently we have asked for 3m and they are only offering 1.5m. As such, they're not doing anything wrong. However, they have potentially got a player that will be worth 50m in a few years and they are haggling over a sum that would cover Hazard's wages for a month yet would have massive significance for us.
    As others have said: they have no class.

To be honest, I think 1.5M isn't too bad but 2 would be nice.

But with my bargaining skills it's no wonder my ex-wife took all my money!

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

3m would be fantastic, but I would take splitting the difference as long as the deal had some decent add ons and a healthy sell on %

3 million spent rationally on team and indoor 4G puts us in the game so to speak

from what was said earlier IN THE THREAD the 'rules' around young player transfers suggests were entitled to around 300,000 .

But those rules don't apply. 1.5m with him returning on loan for two seasons and a sell on was Chelsea's final offer.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    from what was said earlier IN THE THREAD the 'rules' around young player transfers suggests were entitled to around 300,000 .
    As Manc says those 'rules' are irrelevant as Ethan stayed with us just long enough for us to be able to make a contract offer and therefore a tribunal case for compensation (well done Amps).
    Also earlier in the thread are two useful posts regarding the 'rules' that do apply.

Here are excerpts from them as a reminder:
    Post #245 from Martin Lawrence
    "As Ethan's registration ceased at the end of the season he is no longer covered by the EPPP.
    However because we offered a professional deal to Ethan and because he is under 23, we are entitled to compensation under the Bosman ruling".

Post #397 from donkey referring to this quote from the Burnley Chairman as regards to the case they made against Liverpool for Danny Ings (6.5 million, 1.5 add ons; 20% sell on fee)
    "The key to this was that we bring the claim against Liverpool, therefore we had to prepare an extremely robust case.
    You're talking a documentation bundle of probably in excess of 400 or 500 pages with witness statements, evidence, analytics about player performance, the statement as to why we make a judgement as to what we believe the player is worth, compared to what Liverpool want to offer.
    You get your ducks in a row and do the job right.
    The value is based on training compensation, not the market value of a player,
    It's how long you have that player at your club, what did you do to develop him, what were your investments in how you developed him and as a result of that what player did you produce at the point he departed your club".
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 03 October 2017 at 22:22.