Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Let's hope we get a decent fee, but I think we'll be disappointed. I just hope Ethan is able to progress rather then simply stuck in their youth system, and never to get to the first team.

http://www.exeweb.com/2017/07/01/eth...s-for-chelsea/

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

To be fair they like to loan youth players out. Two years ago they had over twenty youth players on loan to other clubs. I'd like to see him go to Chelsea as we may get him back for a year

Well, best of luck to the lad, he's a great prospect. Not sure Chelsea is the right club though. They don't have much of a history of bringing on Academy players. Shame we won't get a fee, only compensation. Still I'm sure Kwame gave him some advice on this.

I hope he likes Belgium.

oh no....we've done the stuff about EPPP to death on here, but the EPPP compensation is minimal (100k ish) compared to what he's worth.

We can only hope that Ethan and Kwame have generously decided to exert some influence over Chelsea's attitude.

Not sure its a good move for Ethan. He'd get plenty of experience against men playing for City; conversely and notoriously Chelsea don't have anyone left in their first team who has come through their ranks

Disappointed that he didn't see us right by signing a deal so we could get compensation. He'll rarely play at Chelsea.

Terrible news.

Milts I have said this for a while. He's actually made us look like fools. Using our academy and not ever once giving any hope of signing on. Out of respect he should have with a move in mind. Disrespectfull if you ask me

I was really hoping any club but Chelsea. I hope you likes playing in Belgium or the U23's.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Milts I have said this for a while. He's actually made us look like fools. Using our academy and not ever once giving any hope of signing on. Out of respect he should have with a move in mind. Disrespectfull if you ask me
    Agreed. We all knew he'd move on at some point. The club would never stand in his way, but this leaves a very bitter taste.