• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under Tisdale, Tagg and Perryman will we .

Angus

Ever actually buy a player? Our last player brought for money was Troy Archibald. Just wondering, will we ever actually buy a player ever again? Can't see us progressing without doing so.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ever actually buy a player? Our last player brought for money was Troy Archibald. Just wondering, will we ever actually buy a player ever again? Can't see us progressing without doing so.
I can't imagine that you don't know the answer, Angus old boy. I'm sure you will find out during one of your clandestine meetings with the club's elite..;)

PeteUSA

As some might have already gathered, I believe that the three above named individuals earn too much, since we're a fans owned club. Even allowing for paycuts for relegations and generally crap home displays, Tisdale has to be on circa 120k pa. Whatever Tagg gets its too much, since nobody knows what he does. He's answerable to nobody regarding what he does each day of the week from 9-5pm. The trust should ask for a timesheet or logbook for each day of the week. Another in the 'what does he do exactly' catagory is Steve Perryman. His position should be revisited, since Tisdale pays him from the playing budget. Those three account for 175k pa. which to me is ridiculous. Think of the caliber of the players we could buy if Perryman was offloaded and the other two cut back a bit?

Pete you have no idea what they are really on, so stop spreading random figures.

And didn't we spend money on Wheeler?

LDNGrecian

There's enough players available at this level for us to sign everything we need on free transfers. Would be better to save any money on transfer fees to use on wages instead.

Antony Moxey

Ever actually buy a player? Our last player brought for money was Troy Archibald.
Well you've just answered your own question in your very next sentence haven't you?

Antony Moxey

Whatever Tagg gets its too much, since nobody knows what he does.
Well if you don't know what he does or what he gets how do work out it's too much?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's enough players available at this level for us to sign everything we need on free transfers. Would be better to save any money on transfer fees to use on wages instead.
Yep.

And surely the success and ambition of a signing is demonstrated by how that player performs, not by the amount of money that we paid for him.

Angus

Pete you have no idea what they are really on, so stop spreading random figures.

And didn't we spend money on Wheeler?
Pete has the right idea though! He doesn't know how much they're on, nor do you or me. That's alarming seems "we own our football club". It's actually stressful not knowing. That needs to change

Antony Moxey

I don't know and I'm not stressed in the least. Why are you stressed about it and what difference would it make if you did know?