Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

  1. #11

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Still, they've still got Graham Carey.
    Your right about that Sturtzy, most impressed with your "in the know" knowledge

  2. #12
    IJN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    @IJN3
    Posts
    11,659

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Here's something you might like Mr Sturtz.

    http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/joel...ail/story.html

  3. #13

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Still, they've still got Graham Carey.
    Still, you've still got Simpson and TAH. Oh, how we laughed!

  4. #14
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by graiser View Post
    We didn't give you Reid, the club didn't really want him, which explains the lower contract offer, thought you chaps realised that
    The club didn't want him but still offered him a contract......

  5. #15

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    The club didn't want him but still offered him a contract......
    Put it this way, by offering lower terms it was known Reid was never going to accept, so in effect forcing him to look elsewhere, if he had accepted he would have only have been a squad player but a bleddy useful one!
    Reuben was great for us but he wasn't an Adams player

  6. #16

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by graiser View Post
    Put it this way, by offering lower terms it was known Reid was never going to accept, so in effect forcing him to look elsewhere, if he had accepted he would have only have been a squad player but a bleddy useful one!
    Reuben was great for us but he wasn't an Adams player
    I will refer you back to post #7 on this thread. Here to help matey !

  7. #17
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by graiser View Post
    Put it this way, by offering lower terms it was known Reid was never going to accept, so in effect forcing him to look elsewhere, if he had accepted he would have only have been a squad player but a bleddy useful one!
    Reuben was great for us but he wasn't an Adams player
    The truth is that Ruben was offered terms in line with the rest of the first team instead of the inflated wages he was previously on. He saw this as a kick in teeth and decided to leave. Argyle wanted him, for whatever reason he didn't want to stay.....

  8. #18

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    The truth is that Ruben was offered terms in line with the rest of the first team instead of the inflated wages he was previously on. He saw this as a kick in teeth and decided to leave. Argyle wanted him, for whatever reason he didn't want to stay.....
    But the real point for us is Reuben left we got Ryan Taylor and got promoted. We are now in league 1, you ( and Reuben) are in league 2. We have re-signed Carey, you are about to experience second season syndrome with Reubs and it ain't pretty. Anyway, back to Simpson and TAH.
    Last edited by felix; 30 June 2017 at 17:09.

  9. #19

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Still, you've still got Simpson and TAH. Oh, how we laughed!
    Don't forget that commanding CB Croll as well

  10. #20
    Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in yr internats
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Top City Striker signs for Slime!

    Croll may yet come good. He's still only a youngster, plenty of time for him to develop!

    More importantly we've got Moxey...! A championship quality player with bags of experience that plenty of top end L1 sides would have signed up in a heartbeat. Makes your current signings this year look pretty lackluster in comparison.
    Of course, you lot could never have hoped to sign Deano, he bleeds red and white innit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •