• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
The amount of balls that are going to go over that fence during a match is unimaginable. Hopefully the referees will see common sense and allow a stash to be kept over there throughout a game.
Yeah, shocking. There were all of two at the last home match.

PeteUSA

I agree Pete, I kept count, but the OG was there. A fence with nothing behind will entice opposition players to kick it over there for a passtime if they're protecting a lead.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thanks Pete made me smile.

PeteUSA

Thanks Pete made me smile.
My pleasure I'm sure.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Antony Moxey

Looks a proper sorry state now. Anyone getting nostalgic for it before would surely welcome a replacement after seeing it today - I’ve seen abandoned farm barns looking better.

Swanaldo

The amount of balls that are going to go over that fence during a match is unimaginable.
I reckon we lost four or five into the shell of the OG today (and a couple more onto the railway line). I don't know how many match balls we bring to a game, but there can't have been too many left in the bag by the end of the game today.

Alistair20000

I reckon we lost four or five into the shell of the OG today (and a couple more onto the railway line). I don't know how many match balls we bring to a game, but there can't have been too many left in the bag by the end of the game today.
I think some recoveries were made from those that went into the OG

IndoMike

Tisdale made a criticism about the pitch yesterday : he said it was lifeless and you couldn't play football on it. Anyone know what he means by that?

Legohead

Banned
Tisdale made a criticism about the pitch yesterday : he said it was lifeless and you couldn't play football on it. Anyone know what he means by that?
It's bloody grass isn't it? What's his problem?

Accrington are above us on a pitch that has more sand on it than Skegness beach.

Last edited: