Page 109 of 311 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3107

Thread: Update on the SJP works

Re: Update on the SJP works

Some more ...

Last edited by Hants_red; 05 February 2018 at 22:42.

And finally ...

Gents I'm sorry, Can someone enlighten me? I have no idea where the above pictures are, although I suspect that its the backs of Old Tiverton Road in the background of the last one. Yeo & Davey building at the rear of the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Gents I'm sorry, Can someone enlighten me? I have no idea where the above pictures are, although I suspect that its the backs of Old Tiverton Road in the background of the last one. Yeo & Davey building at the rear of the last one?
    Pete they are taken from the back of the BB looking across the old BB Car Park, over the domestic lock up garages, then the Yeo & Davy site and just in shot top right is the canopy of the old petrol station.
    The 3rd of 4 above is of the piling work being undertaken at the back of the BB towards the railway line, just visible behind the corner of the railings.

Thank you for that, Andy. I now have my bearings.

Seems there is far more activity on the "student" site than there is on the new stand

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post
    Seems there is far more activity on the "student" site than there is on the new stand
    Given itís a considerably larger and more detailed development by a factor of many then thatís not entirely surprising. The deal isnít we get a stand before theyíve stuck a spade in the ground.

I can assure you that the piling work on the new/old grandstand is ongoing. It's a regular 'thump' as I sit in my study 400m from. and overlooking the site - but actually not too intrusive. However since it's largely demolition and groundwork the student site does appear to have more activity

As the student stuff can only be occupied when the stand is finished it makes perfect sense to build in tandem. Their business model is bound to assume revenue coming in asap which is great news for a stand being delivered early

Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    I can assure you that the piling work on the new/old grandstand is ongoing. It's a regular 'thump' as I sit in my study 400m from. and overlooking the site - but actually not too intrusive. However since it's largely demolition and groundwork the student site does appear to have more activity
    I was driving down OTR the other day whilst this was going on and nearly pulled over as i thought my car was about to fall apart. Luckily, i realised where the noise was actually coming from!