Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Re: Update on the SJP works

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    I wonder if we could have the cameras fitted on the new stand, if people are that concerned about the image the club presents on TV and YouTube highlights.
    That was my suggestion; mount the cameras etc on this new stand, then the other three best parts would be on display! I cant believe that, at the very least hasnt been discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    That was my suggestion; mount the cameras etc on this new stand, then the other three best parts would be on display! I cant believe that, at the very least hasnt been discussed?
    To show the best three sides you would probably have to mount the camera on the roof of the ex Barnet stand !

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Surely when the new stand is completed there will be 4 good sides so it won't matter where the cameras are and the thousands of people viewing our matchs won't have anything to spoil their viewing - everyone's a winner

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

I got it sussed .... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quadcopte...YAAOSwXxhZ7ibk

I'll ask my contacts at the club if this is ok Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post

Don't know what position D&C's finest Boys in Blue would take on this ?

Rather than simply ban it on "elf'n'safety" grounds, they might otherwise see it as a commercial opportunity, and insist on all prospective pilots taking and passing their newly announced Safe Drone Flying Courses !

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    To show the best three sides you would probably have to mount the camera on the roof of the ex Barnet stand !
    No, you would mount it in the end seats (probably most expensive!) of where this new stand is being built!

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post

D&C use this technology to keep an eye on football fans. Ask for some stills might be easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I think he is talking about Ikea.
    Oh, you mean the site with easy access for large machinery to not only get on site but move around it, that has ample room for twenty plus times the amount of kit that we have on site, that’s far enough away from the nearest residents and roads not to have to be mindful of its impact, that has acres of space for material and equipment storage and that is basically a giant sandpit that you could quite literally dig out with your fingers?

Yes I can see how that’s a much more difficult site to develop than the OG area is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I think he is talking about Ikea.

For once I agree with Pete. I think the new stand will look tinpot. It portrays an amateur Club and I think thatís a huge negative.
    Me too. If we're trying to persuade youngsters used to watching the big clubs on TV to support their local club rather than a premier league team, a ground with half a side missing isn't a great lure. I think it makes us look really tinpot, but I've given up suggesting ideas that may address this even in a limited way, as it seems there are a lot of fans who actually want us to look a tinpot club and put sycophantic defence of any of the clubs decision making their top priority.

Re: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Just to make it easier to judge comments, could anyone who is actually involved in the building trade, civil engineering or architecture please identify themselves? It would make reading this thread so much quicker!