Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Re: Update on the SJP works

Red is right. There's plenty of audience out there to fill a empty room nearly every day of the year. The club's marketing has been below par since I can remember. Where there's space, there's an opportunity

Still cant believe the pace at which the development isn't taking shape.

A commercial structure larger than the stand requiring an equal if not more amount of ground work on the outskirts of the city, started Nov 17, its now erected. We see to have taken the cheap option, low cost resulting in a ridiculous timeframe for completion.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwing View Post
    As a former professional contracts auditor I am well aware of all the costs involved. However these costs have to be evaluated in the context of the monies coming in for Grimes, Watkins and Ampadu. Perhaps more importantly they have to be seen in the context of the future development of the Club. With the positioning of the half stand that we will be getting, this has effectively stymied any serious further development on the Well Street side of the ground.
    Former.

What monies for Ampadu? It would be foolish to invest something we haven't received yet. In fact it would be foolish to invest in your proposal full stop, the benefits aren't worth the outlay and the risk. I agree that the stand is far from ideal, I just can't see that there are a lot of alternatives for a reasonable sum.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post

A commercial structure larger than the stand requiring an equal if not more amount of ground work on the outskirts of the city, started Nov 17, its now erected. We see to have taken the cheap option, low cost resulting in a ridiculous timeframe for completion.
    Agree to some extent Cheshire the main stumbling block was the ground that was meant to be more solid than it actually was needed more work, and it does seem like a long timeframe with what is being erected alongside the other building you say is now basically up since November .... ( Wait for it ! ) How do we know the other place isn't being done on the cheap and is a knock up job !

Had to get a conspiracy theory in there mate sorry lol.

And could I just add, without getting beaten up, that the photo showing the disabled access to the stand from the Big Bank end illustrates just how farcically short that stand is going to be! I know, we couldnt go any further with the existing stand because of British Rail etc, but we could have tapered the structure to some degree even if it arrived at just room for a couple rows of seats. The thing projects past the halfway line by just 6-8 yards FFS!

As someone who actually goes to SJP I'm very excited about the new stand and think it will look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    As someone who actually goes to SJP I'm very excited about the new stand and think it will look great.
    So you dont mind the site of nearly half the view being occupied by assorted lavatories, snack bars, and whatever else will be shoved there? Its bad enough now seeing all and sundry going for a slash, while the games going on, at those dirty old porta-loos beside the BB!

Funnily enough I've been thinking exactly the same as I watch the daily progress of the 7000 sq mtr Next store at Marsh Mills in Plymouth. It involved far more piling on very soft ground yet the steelwork/external cladding is almost complete in a far shorter time period.

Of course if the Club had had the nous to control its own contract the stand would have been ready for the start of next season and there would have been time penalties built into it for non completion.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    So you dont mind the site of nearly half the view being occupied by assorted lavatories, snack bars, and whatever else will be shoved there? !
    Aesthetic considerations are,believe it or not,not too high on the on the minds of supporters when they go to games at SJP.

Odd that it may sound to you,but most are interested what is happening on the pitch rather than gazing at what is beyond the far touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Aesthetic considerations are,believe it or not,not too high on the on the minds of supporters when they go to games at SJP.
    Old, I wasnt thinking so much of the people that go to games, its the image that the TV cameras will project to the world that annoys me.