Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on the SJP works

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Update on the SJP works

Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    You may (or may not) have noticed the variation notice to the planning permission for an extra 32 rooms to be built as part of the student development on the Yeo and Davy site. It doesn't accord with the original planning permission so there may be a hiatus before whilst the case is settled.
    No one else seemed to notice but now its been brought to the attention of our resident planning application bloodhound i'm sure it wont be long before someone contacts the relevant council officer to make sure everything is in order with him before its allowed to continue.

I knew this contract should have been triple signed in blood to make sure its all legal.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    No one else seemed to notice but now its been brought to the attention of our resident planning application bloodhound i'm sure it wont be long before someone contacts the relevant council officer to make sure everything is in order with him before its allowed to continue.

I knew this contract should have been triple signed in blood to make sure its all legal.
    It would be silly not to. Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 06 November 2017 at 10:32.

I'm pretty certain that the money for the development of the OG is ring fenced and in place already. The only delay that could possibly happen is to the student enabling part. When the deal was done there is no way the ground development would have been allowed to be held to ransome for a few extra beds in the student flats should they wish to apply for them.

The organisation now financing the flats are a very large group and 3 odd million is nothing fir them to front the builders for the clubs work. Have some faith in our board over this. There will be no delay in our build unless we encounter serious problems getting out of the ground.

Any pics / update on works this week pha ???

They were taking off the back of the OG roof yesterday but had got a few panels in.

Here's a picture I took of the work being done yesterday

Progress seems slow considering the stand was gutted internally before the roof dismantling started

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post
    Progress seems slow considering the stand was gutted internally before the roof dismantling started
    Asbestos, innit.

More haste, less speed!

The back roof will be longer to remove chiefly because of access, the front was OK from behind the hoarding, but the back is a totally different ball game, with the slope to contend with.
    for the front they were using a platform and cherry picker, the guy on the cherry picker was removing the bolts etc and sliding the sheets of asbestos down to the two chaps in the platform. Then, every 6 or 8 sheets, they all had to return behind the away end to put the sheets into the special skip.

They are also removing some of the metal roof supports as they go, so what looks like very little progress on the face of it, is in fact quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    More haste, less speed!

The back roof will be longer to remove chiefly because of access, the front was OK from behind the hoarding, but the back is a totally different ball game, with the slope to contend with.
    for the front they were using a platform and cherry picker, the guy on the cherry picker was removing the bolts etc and sliding the sheets of asbestos down to the two chaps in the platform. Then, every 6 or 8 sheets, they all had to return behind the away end to put the sheets into the special skip.

They are also removing some of the metal roof supports as they go, so what looks like very little progress on the face of it, is in fact quite a bit.
    Exactly Andy this is by no means a straight forward or simple demolition job. Personally I think the contractor and it’s manual operatives is doing a very good and professional job.