Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on the SJP works

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Re: Update on the SJP works

What, pray, is a "Cambridge Slice" exactly?

Sounds to me like it ought to be on the Favourite Cake thread over on the SC board.

(Or is it, perhaps, a type of biscuit?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    That is my understanding. It is the developer's choice to try to get pp for the additional units and occupancy of any of them (original and additional) cannot occur until the new stand is complete and handed over to the club. The amendment applied for should not delay the construction programme for the stand.
    If I were the developer I would still want to build both in tandem, as would want to occupy the flats the day after the stand is handed over for cashflow. Maybe the proposed variation is fairly straightforward in terms of report writing so it will get to Committee whilst ground works are still happening and not delay things ?. Maybe they will be happy to just build the stand in isolation anyway whilst they wait if the variation becomes a lengthy battle, but I doubt it

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    What, pray, is a "Cambridge Slice" exactly?

Sounds to me like it ought to be on the Favourite Cake thread over on the SC board.

(Or is it, perhaps, a type of biscuit?)
    No, it's pizza. This from a Cambridge newspaper last month.

A Cambridge pizza lover was left red faced after discovering her Domino's pizza delivery was 'missing a slice'.

And scores of other customers regularly make the same mistake.

The 19-year-old, ordered a medium pepperoni Pizza from Domino's Cambridge North branch earlier this month.

She told the News: "I thought something was up with my delivery because I checked on the pizza tracker and it said it had already been delivered, from that point it took about an extra 10 minutes or more to arrive.

"Then when it arrived it looked like it was missing a slice. I laughed, but I was really angry because I was hungry.

"So I tweeted Domino's UK with a picture saying 'your delivery driver must have been hungry'. I thought he had nabbed a slice, but they ignored it."

Incensed, she spoke to the News. After a thorough investigation we worked out the pizza had just moved around in the box en route and went to the pizza giant for confirmation.

A Domino's spokeswoman said: "Rest assured, all eight slices of pizza are there, it simply looks like they’ve moved around."

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Ah ok I didn't know that was the case ......... But im always open to being told facts by someone who knows.
    Or someone who thinks he knows. In effect none of us knows, but some can speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Or someone who thinks he knows. In effect none of us knows, but some can speculate.
    Well actually a planning application has been made, and notices advertising this on lamposts around the ground, though I haven't seen the details yet so was being careful in what I wrote. But feel free to make snide comments whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Well actually a planning application has been made, and notices advertising this on lamposts around the ground, though I haven't seen the details yet so was being careful in what I wrote. But feel free to make snide comments whenever you like.
    I was referring to the fact that none of us really knows if permission will be given for the extension of the project, how long the process for permission will take, and if there will be any effect on our stadium development. The other poster replied to your post and was assuming that your post was the font of all knowledge. But actually, we (including you) don't know and can only surmise. Don't see how my comment, which was truthful, can be construed as snide.

Any permission they are now seeking to amend the original scheme if it entails structural changes or significant changes to elevations is unlikely to be given and I would be surprised if they would even put forward such proposals.

If, as is more likely, it entails changes to and tweaking the internal layout without affecting the external appearance of the buildings or indeed the access points to the buildings then there should be no problems. Everything will progress smoothly and as such is unlikely to have any significant effect on the overall Project Programme and Completion Date.

Hope you are right Sexton, 30 odd extra rooms may mean additional windows which presumably is elevational change

Duplicated...
    Last edited by PeteUSA; 06 November 2017 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Well actually a planning application has been made, and notices advertising this on lamposts around the ground, though I haven't seen the details yet so was being careful in what I wrote.

As far as I can see, the only current application that I can find deals with minor variations to planning approval 17/0188/37, which was granted on 1st. March 2017 and which allowed 24 additional flats within an extended lower ground floor level, relocation of common room and bin stores, provision of outside cycle parking and re-arrangement of internal stair cores.
    http://publicaccess.exeter.gov.uk/on...=OXRG1THBJX700