Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on the SJP works

Re: Update on the SJP works

Not sure who has/is project managing or overseeing it from the club but I couldn't have imagined Bernard Frowd doing such a good job from the last time out well done to all involved in such a complex undertaking

Reading the club website update from the 29th, I wondered on a couple questions:-

1) Handover of land/disconnection of current toilets etc planned for Mid October - I assume as we had a decent gap between home games at this time. Are we therefore planning to have the new changing rooms in time for Luton next Tuesday/Port Vale Saturday ?. When up and running, will the "club tours" still be happening as I for one am curious as to how they have been squeezed into the space.

2) The new dugouts - seem a bit puny...only 6 seats on each side ?. Don't we have 7 subs + Physio's/coaches etc ????. Will it be musical chairs ?.

3) Thanks for posting the pics, does make you realise that there is more space at that end (laterally and vertically) then perhaps most thought. That then does prompt a tad of disappointment that we were not able to utilize the space more fully..I do however appreciate the gargantuan effort that has gone into this - and as it is not costing us much apart from the Barnet stand......we can't really grumble about it I guess..

This from Clive Pring last week
    Clive pring‏ @ClivePring Oct 5
    The joys of stadium development. #worktodo

Can't help with 1 or 3.
    New dugouts? It's been posted that there is a long bench (not so visible in photos) behind the 6 seats you mention.

clive pring‏ @ClivePring Oct 5
    This is the reason for the damaged surface. New floodlight mountings going up. @OfficialECFC

And this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Can't help with 1 or 3.
    New dugouts? It's been posted that there is a long bench (not so visible in photos) behind the 6 seats you mention.
    Aha, yep - just spotted that thanks. When threads get so long it's easy to miss a few points - especially when you're navigating the superfluous challenges of those who deem themselves better all round than those who are at the sharp end expediting this challenge...Can't see the bench though - must be tiny - hope none of the subs on the bench bench don't supper from hemorrhoids....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    hope none of the subs on the bench bench don't supper from hemorrhoids....
    We're always hemorrhoid conscious. Hence the choice of a temporary floodlight column rather than a pylon.

As at 1500 today;

The new floodlights on the BB Roof are in position, 8 in all and should provide enough 'lux value' for the BB end on the pitch.

The boarding separating the OG from the pitch is almost finished, by close of play today it should be complete. I'm reliably informed that there is going to be adverting boards the whole length of the hoarding. Sooo sorry if someone was going to start a thread complaining about ECFC's lack of initiative with regards to this perceived failing!! Never mind i'm sure you'll find something else to whinge about!

Stripping out underneath the OG has been going on at a frantic rate, it is almost clear and the OG is nearly ready for the demolition boys to start sometime next week. Roof first asbestos sheet by asbestos sheet.

The new dugouts are finished and i understand that the new changing rooms are due to have been handed over today, ready for snagging checks. They'll be in use for the Luton game next Tuesday.

I'll get Hants-red to post a couple of photos later on today.

Suffice to say that you'll see quite a few changes when you arrive for the Luton game.

The floodlights on the Big Bank (with thanks to Andy Holloway)